Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who uses radar protection and what kind?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:00 PM
dansaenz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Gotta question... I have a BMW M3 that has a Liditek Laser Jammer installed. Is this worth removing to install on my new 997? I bought the BMW with it installed, so I have no clue how it's set up. I also can't really find much information on the Liditek.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 PM
catchacab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lidatek is out of business. It was a good jammer for it's time, but the technology of the new laser guns has changed. Over time these units need repairs. you would be better protected by a Laser Intercptor.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM
AreaOne
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to take this thread too far off topic...but I'm on the fence about getting the laser interceptor and need a push to help me to decide to get it or not.

It's not about the cost it's about the need. A little help please.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AreaOne
Not to take this thread too far off topic...but I'm on the fence about getting the laser interceptor and need a push to help me to decide to get it or not.

It's not about the cost it's about the need. A little help please.
It depends on where you live. If they shoot a lot of Lidar then it is a must. I would wait for group pricing deal, check radar roys site for discounts, or contact Cliff at LI and see what he might do for you.
I will tell you 90% of the jamming is going to be the install. So make sure you do it right or have someone that has installed them before on Porsches do it. One you get it install find someone to test it. (Do not use the police for testing)
Remember stealth installs don't jam.

Quick Reply: Who uses radar protection and what kind?