Sponsored by:

Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
PrinceKalbi
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo

Hi. I am the owner of the Prince Kalbi restaurant in Seoul, Korea. I buy cars to impress people and to have sex with beautiful girls. I'm actually very, very far from what you would call good-looking, so I usually need a lot of help from cars, watches, shoes, and expensive designer labels to impress girls.

My business has been going really well and I feel like I should buy somthing more sporty than my M5. I visited a dealer last Wednesday and narrowed my choices to GT3 and Turbo. They had a white GT3 and a black Turbo. I don't really care which is faster. I couldn't even use all the powers of my M5.

So, my question is, Between a white GT3 and a black Turbo, and between these two cars only, which do you think I will have more success at getting girls? Please don't be a dick and tell me neither would do for me, because frankly, I have had some brilliant successes with my M5 and I know I can do better with a Porsche. After all, it's a PORSCHE.

I will wait for your honest responses.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the girl in the avatar is one of yours, you don't need another. She is beautiful. I wish she was mine.

As far as the car goes, I think you'll enjoy the turbo more.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:18 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

You see when it comes to woman,,

they really don't know the difference between different car models like us guys do..

to them a Porsche is a Porsche etc... they will not say wow look at that turbo or that Gt 3 !!!

with that being said if you go for the turbo which is a awesome car get the convert cause woman love converts,, if not then for flash purpose i would say that the GT3 would be more eye catching because of the spoilers and such......
Old 12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Alex (UK)
Racer

It is my experience that ladies prefer guys with convertibles. GT3 and Turbo coupes are quite serious guy cars (boys toys). The Carrera or Turbo cabriolet may be worth considering in that respect.

Myself, if I was 'on the market' (ie. not engaged to be married) I would have bought myself a Gallardo or F430 spyder. These have a much bigger 'wow' factor than any 911.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alex (UK)
It is my experience that ladies prefer guys with convertibles. GT3 and Turbo coupes are quite serious guy cars (boys toys). The Carrera or Turbo cabriolet may be worth considering in that respect.

Myself, if I was 'on the market' (ie. not engaged to be married) I would have bought myself a Gallardo or F430 spyder. These have a much bigger 'wow' factor than any 911.
+1

F430 is a chick magnet!!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PrinceKalbi
... Between a white GT3 and a black Turbo, and between these two cars only ...
Definitely the Turbo, which has a bigger wow factor, most people doesn't even know what a GT3 is. I own a 996 GT3 and I have been asked so many times.. "Is that a Turbo?"

Besides, you may need that backseat in the Turbo one of these days in case you need to carry an extra "passenger" (pun intended)
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

I believe the turbo offers a more comfortable ride especially on rough streets. Women usually don't go for the "harsh" ride of a race car. Also more comfortable if getting a hummer while you drive.
If speed is not a factor, maybe a nonturbo cab in a bright colour would do the trick.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I believe the turbo offers a more comfortable ride especially on rough streets. Women usually don't go for the "harsh" ride of a race car. Also more comfortable if getting a hummer while you drive.
If speed is not a factor, maybe a nonturbo cab in a bright colour would do the trick.
Yes, I recall one of the guys over on Rennteam was 'forced' to sell his GT3 by his girlfriend as she said it was too harsh a ride and too loud!!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Probably THE best Porsche for picking up girls though is a Porsche 356 Speedster. Can't beat that classic good-looking little car, not even by a modern F430!!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just get a regular 997 cab and slap a turbo badge on it, she'll never know the difference, you still get laid and save some coin!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
drkm3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
If the girl in the avatar is one of yours, you don't need another. She is beautiful. I wish she was mine.

As far as the car goes, I think you'll enjoy the turbo more.
She is a Korean actress.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just get a New Beetle - it already has "Turbo" on it...
Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by drkm3
She is a Korean actress.
What is her name O_O !? I think I'd like to be good friends with PrinceKalbi lol (^_^)

BTW I'd vote for the turbo, cab or coupe. It still looks good.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex (UK)
Yes, I recall one of the guys over on Rennteam was 'forced' to sell his GT3 by his girlfriend as she said it was too harsh a ride and too loud!!
That'll be the day.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 531 Posts

I did 'stealth mods' to my 993 until my wife said "It rides and sounds like a race car". Now I am starting over with a race car that rides and sounds like a ?? And, it's a Tip so she can drive it too. Be one with the ying and yang, grasshoppa.

Quick Reply: Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo