Serious question: 997TT or F430?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,958 Likes on 556 Posts

congrats either way- the Fcars are great. may you be blessed with a non-douchebag dealer/service manager
Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Stradale
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cytoboy
Thank you all for your thoughts. I really did not want to start any disagreements. Hopefully there are no hard feelings.

I understand that it is ultimately up to me. I was actually preparing to spec an April delivery 997TT cab, but stopped by the Ferrari dealer on my way as I got distracted. When I sat in that F430 and pressed "start" it was pretty much all over. I may have been terminally bitten by the F-bug, and perhaps will have to make the journey. Collectively, we are a very fortunate group.

Cheers.
"When I sat in that F430 and pressed "start" it was pretty much all over. "

LoL!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
CaptBirdeFPR
Track Day

make sure u get the tubi exhaust
Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

I'll say this over and over...

If you like dogs, get a Porsche.
If you like cats, get a Ferrari.

B
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line

B
I nominate this for quote of the year.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B
Nah, Beast.

If you like looking fast get a Ferrari
If you like going fast get a Porsche

Tell it like it is...

Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I nominate this for quote of the year.
I wish I could take credit for it.

I was talking to a friend and I mentioned to him, that someday, I would really like a Ferrari. He told me, I should stick with Porsche as I would not enjoy a Ferrari as much.
- I asked him why and he explained it like this.

A Porsche is like a dog. Reliable, always there when you need him, looking up at you like you are the most important thing in the world. WHen you turn in the Porsche at high speed, you always know how he's going to react, where he's going to step-out, where his power is going to come on, where his brakes are going to bite, where his threshold is for different things. You know your Porsche will give you performance, lap after lap after lap, and it's always going to be there delivering it's performance, with the same comfort, reliability and enthusiasm as a dog is to it's master

A Ferrari is like a cat. A beautiful animal with an independent mind. It's just as happy sitting there, looking down at you thinking, "I'm better than you, you can't handle me." as it is, actually being driven. - It has wicked performance, agility, balance - yet behind the wheel, you never really feel comfortable, warm, at home - dog at your feet. You feel going through the turns, a sense of potential while also sensing the fear of it's own wildness. You know the car can perform, but it does not inspire confidence. It's wild and wicked.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I wish I could take credit for it.

I was talking to a friend and I mentioned to him, that someday, I would really like a Ferrari. He told me, I should stick with Porsche as I would not enjoy a Ferrari as much.
- I asked him why and he explained it like this.

A Porsche is like a dog. Reliable, always there when you need him, looking up at you like you are the most important thing in the world. WHen you turn in the Porsche at high speed, you always know how he's going to react, where he's going to step-out, where his power is going to come on, where his brakes are going to bite, where his threshold is for different things. You know your Porsche will give you performance, lap after lap after lap, and it's always going to be there delivering it's performance, with the same comfort, reliability and enthusiasm as a dog is to it's master

A Ferrari is like a cat. A beautiful animal with an independent mind. It's just as happy sitting there, looking down at you thinking, "I'm better than you, you can't handle me." as it is, actually being driven. - It has wicked performance, agility, balance - yet behind the wheel, you never really feel comfortable, warm, at home - dog at your feet. You feel going through the turns, a sense of potential while also sensing the fear of it's own wildness. You know the car can perform, but it does not inspire confidence. It's wild and wicked.

Fantastic...sums it all up perfectly...now I'm off to pet my dog.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Yup, I am definitely a dog person. Good analogy. My othjer half is a cat person though, so 'for her sake' I think I should now get an F430 as a stable-mate.

I guess if you like bulls (Torus) or bats (Murcielago) you should get a Lambo!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Or put another way..

Porsche is the Girl Next Door type. They are very easy on the eyes, all your friends are jealous you get to ride her, very low maintenance, has a sweet, nice moan/scream when she is getting it on, loves to please you, when driven hard she likes to show you she is boss, you can take her to the city and she behaves like a lady but take her to the country and she will run wild. She is the one who catches everyone's attention, you never can get enough of and you don't quite know why.

Ferrari is like the supermodel. She has a secret S&M stash in her closet, she is very high maintenance, she loves to go to the city but she wants to stay out all
night when there, she loves the country too but watch out because she is too much for the country boys, all your friends and their friends are can't help but
stare and drool, drive her hard and she screams for more and your neighbors call the police, drive her gently and she still screams loud enough to wake the
neighbors. She is the one you love to be with, can't enough of her, but you can't take her out everywhere because she gets too much attention and loves it.

Not my writing but I saved it from a few years ago...
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
modena1_2003
1st Gear

You have to take into account that the Ferrari will get you constant attention whilst the 997 will most often be more or less "under the radar." A red Fcar for the police is like flys to honey.

The 997 will be a more day to day car and will keep you from cringing everytime you enter a parking lot. Its much smaller as well. Most people don't realize the size of a 430. I'd go with the Porsche. Smaller, comprable performance, cheaper maintanence fees and an over all "best car" choice in many many ways. Enjoy in good health!

Best,
Jon
Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modena1_2003
You have to take into account that the Ferrari will get you constant attention whilst the 997 will most often be more or less "under the radar." A red Fcar for the police is like flys to honey.

The 997 will be a more day to day car and will keep you from cringing everytime you enter a parking lot. Its much smaller as well. Most people don't realize the size of a 430. I'd go with the Porsche. Smaller, comprable performance, cheaper maintanence fees and an over all "best car" choice in many many ways. Enjoy in good health!

Best,
Jon
the 430 is only 1" longer than a 911, 4" wider however. Also, the steering on the F is heavier during parking.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cytoboy
Thanks in advance to owners of 997TT for your thoughtful responses. Hopefully this has not been posted before, but if it has, it might be worthwhile to some others to revisit this topic.

I drive an 06 997C2S, and would like to make a move. The proposed car will be driven around 5K each year.

The cost differential is NOT a huge consideration. I know that depreciation should likewise not matter....but it does to me to some degree.

Some of you are fortunate to own both, but for me, I desire only ONE car.

Thanks again, and happy new year.
If it is a 5k per year car and that is all you need it for the choice is a very very easy one. F430 all the way.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by wbrownie
Or put another way..

Porsche is the Girl Next Door type. They are very easy on the eyes, all your friends are jealous you get to ride her, very low maintenance, has a sweet, nice moan/scream when she is getting it on, loves to please you, when driven hard she likes to show you she is boss, you can take her to the city and she behaves like a lady but take her to the country and she will run wild. She is the one who catches everyone's attention, you never can get enough of and you don't quite know why.

Ferrari is like the supermodel. She has a secret S&M stash in her closet, she is very high maintenance, she loves to go to the city but she wants to stay out all
night when there, she loves the country too but watch out because she is too much for the country boys, all your friends and their friends are can't help but
stare and drool, drive her hard and she screams for more and your neighbors call the police, drive her gently and she still screams loud enough to wake the
neighbors. She is the one you love to be with, can't enough of her, but you can't take her out everywhere because she gets too much attention and loves it.
Is it hot in here?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

Originally Posted by wbrownie
Or put another way..

Not my writing but I saved it from a few years ago...

+100 Awesome !! HAHA

Quick Reply: Serious question: 997TT or F430?