Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright, time to start modding :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
997ttguru
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright, time to start modding :)

Hey guys, a newbie here! I learned a lot from these forums and got a new 997tt couple months ago. Although it's such an amazing car, now I feel like I should start modding. I did some search on the forums, but not really found my answer.

As not many choices I have in my country (dealership-wise), I'm going to take a short trip to Germany next month. First thing I think to mod is the exhaust system. I've been searching and watching lots of videos of different manufacturers exhaust systems and have a hard time deciding I'm going to listen some manufacturers exhaust systems in person and that will be the key to my decision, but before that I really need you guy's opinions. I'm going to visit Tubi, Cargraphic, Fabspeed, FVD, Techart and Militek dealers.

Mostly common system is Tubi I guess. But I also hear good things about cargraphic. I found less information about FVD but they were good enough. And there is Techart's brand name Militek is just a backup. I'm looking for much louder sound than stock, some F1 type sound if possible :P hp and torque gain, weight saving are important facts too. I don't mind spending a couple of hundreds dollars more, I want the best one for my baby

So, what you guys say?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 577 Posts

Tubi may be your best bet. Not too many people here with European exhausts so it would be hard to render a good opinion
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 PM
hkim80
Intermediate

tubi probably sounds the best but I have heard a lot of good things about cargraphic
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Originally Posted by 997ttguru
Hey guys, a newbie here! I learned a lot from these forums and got a new 997tt couple months ago. Although it's such an amazing car, now I feel like I should start modding. I did some search on the forums, but not really found my answer.

As not many choices I have in my country (dealership-wise), I'm going to take a short trip to Germany next month. First thing I think to mod is the exhaust system. I've been searching and watching lots of videos of different manufacturers exhaust systems and have a hard time deciding I'm going to listen some manufacturers exhaust systems in person and that will be the key to my decision, but before that I really need you guy's opinions. I'm going to visit Tubi, Cargraphic, Fabspeed, FVD, Techart and Militek dealers.

Mostly common system is Tubi I guess. But I also hear good things about cargraphic. I found less information about FVD but they were good enough. And there is Techart's brand name Militek is just a backup. I'm looking for much louder sound than stock, some F1 type sound if possible :P hp and torque gain, weight saving are important facts too. I don't mind spending a couple of hundreds dollars more, I want the best one for my baby

So, what you guys say?
I have the cargraphic loud version (also called export). I like it a lot and it is probably the loudest exhaust on the market short of straight pipes. they also make 2 other more quiet versions but I wanted loud and frankly it is not annoyingly loud and has no drone or resonance whatsover. I've had mine on for the last 15k miles or so without any issues. The loud version is not approved for germany though.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

imo tubi sounds the best so far for the tt.

Quick Reply: Alright, time to start modding :)