Nissan GTR Best Motoring clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
hkim80
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GTR Best Motoring clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUpRNX4xHys

I expected GTR to be a quick road car just like the turbo with superhandling AWD & torgue. But I didn't expect it to be faster than GT3 on track, because after all, GTR is a heavy GT car whereas GT3 is more track-oriented. I know GT3 was primarily designed for the road, but come on, it's a 911 without backseats.. I couldn't help but feel that GT3 is a much more focused track machine than GTR.

maybe this was staged, maybe it's because of tires, but in the video, the gap looked pretty huge and I think more track focused GT3 losing by that much margin seems suspicious.. jmo.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Agree. I think the drivers have not exploit the full potentials on both the turbo and GT3. I find it very hard to believe that GTR is 3 seconds better than GT3 and Turbo for the best lap, especially when it is only 2 seconds faster at Nurburgring (and not to mention even that result is questionable). I would only believe the result if they bring an European (or any non-Japanese) driver to drive the European cars.

And if you have followed the "Best Motoring" series, you'll know that they have always favored their local productions like GTRs, Evos, NSX, STi, etc.

my humble 2 cents.

Originally Posted by hkim80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUpRNX4xHys

I expected GTR to be a quick road car just like the turbo with superhandling AWD & torgue. But I didn't expect it to be faster than GT3 on track, because after all, GTR is a heavy GT car whereas GT3 is more track-oriented. I know GT3 was primarily designed for the road, but come on, it's a 911 without backseats.. I couldn't help but feel that GT3 is a much more focused track machine than GTR.

maybe this was staged, maybe it's because of tires, but in the video, the gap looked pretty huge and I think more track focused GT3 losing by that much margin seems suspicious.. jmo.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Here is another set of "Best Motoring" clips of the GTR vs 997TT comparison.

Again, I think it is complete BS that GTR can lap the TT so effortlessly around the track. Sure the tip may have something to do with result, but even so it can't be that bad. I suspect the driver for the TT didn't turn on the sports setting with the extra boost.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against if the GTR is faster than the 997TT. But I just think TT deserves a more decent comparison.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6CFVpqJAVU

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUZqG3KmCA

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA95r5tCxTM

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gRaO69vfuU
Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
hatchback
Advanced

Normally I'm a big fan of BM but that video is preposterous. How can a gt3 out-accelerate a turbo tip on the straight??
Old 01-29-2008, 01:08 AM
hkim80
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hatchback
Normally I'm a big fan of BM but that video is preposterous. How can a gt3 out-accelerate a turbo tip on the straight??
GT3 was able to brake later than the turbo going into corners. But yeah, GT3 certainly did match turbo's speed on the straight, which is ridiculous. Obviously, the turbo driver had to let the GT3 go because his mission probably was to make the turbo look as bad as possible. Remember, the turbo is still THE ICON of the 911 line up to most people and it was the ONE the Nissan GTR was trying to beat. So, worse the turbo does in these vids, better it looks for GTR. simple.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
V8 Man
Instructor

Sliding the car around the turns is NOT the quickest way around a track ! I never trust a japanese show like this !

Just my 2cents :-)
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
TT_man
Advanced

997 TT got owned by the GTR. Man Porsche really needs to quit beating around the bush, and should of made the engine a 4 liter instead.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
dustinr
Instructor

No.. Porsche needs to stop with the idea that the 911 has to be their #1 sports car or they need to ditch the idea that the 911 just has to be a rear engine design. It is not the best design for a sports car to have all that weight slung out at the rear. Imagine a Cayman that was a little wider with AWD and the Turbo motor... it would be unbeatable.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

those Japanese GTR videos are staged. \The TTs werent 'owned' they just got out of the GTRs way.
No protest or protecting their lines. Physics cant be ignored. There is one of these videos where the announcer says the GTR outbraked the GT3. Nice but impossible that a 4000 lb car can out brake
a 3000 lb car with better brakes. The Japanese play bigtime games to protect thier markets and
hurt imports to their markets or ban imports all together (not just cars but lots of stuff) so take
these with a BIG grain of salt, boulder sized grains.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

I'm looking forward to racing the first person who coughs up 100k + for this nissan. lets not speculate rather wait till it's here.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
dustinr
Instructor

Originally Posted by OldGuy
those Japanese GTR videos are staged. \The TTs werent 'owned' they just got out of the GTRs way.
No protest or protecting their lines. Physics cant be ignored. There is one of these videos where the announcer says the GTR outbraked the GT3. Nice but impossible that a 4000 lb car can out brake
a 3000 lb car with better brakes. The Japanese play bigtime games to protect thier markets and
hurt imports to their markets or ban imports all together (not just cars but lots of stuff) so take
these with a BIG grain of salt, boulder sized grains.
Don't know if you can say that the GT3 has better brakes, the front discs on the GT-R are 15" ! That's bigger than some wheels... And they are monoblock caliper with floating rotors...not bad. Check this out...
http://www.gtr-tech.com/wiki/Brakes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

A gt3 has 50:50 weight distribution under brakes and is about half a ton lighter than anything Japanese. In real life the way a 911 can trail brake in really takes some getting used to
It's like a 15" ***** only guy's are impressed and in real life your having less fun than those who have 7"

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR Best Motoring clip