Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

average time from build to delivery - east coast usa.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM
skyytek
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default average time from build to delivery - east coast usa.

Does anyone know the average time from build date to delivery on the east coast (usa). thanks.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:02 PM
PBART
Track Day

4-6 weeks is average to port (Baltimore). My car was built 02/28, right after the fire... It arrived at the port today!! I should have it within 10 days.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Actually the factory was still closed on 2/28 due to the fire because that was my original build date. Mine was built on 3/4 (factory re-opened on 3/3), was on the vessel Green Cove on 3/10, trasited through the Panama Canal today and will be in San Diego on 4/4 (then it takes a few weeks to get transported to Washington). After your build date, it can take up to a week to get on q vessel in Bremerhaven. Your dealer can give you the ship name, then you can track on www.vesseltracker.com. When it gets out of the straights of Dover and into the Atlantic, you lose it for awhile (no tracking data). Then go to the Port of arrival and you can track its arrival. Hope that helps. Have fun waiting - it is making me CRAZY!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:38 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
Have fun waiting - it is making me CRAZY!!!!!
really, we couldn't tell.............
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 AM
skyytek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
Actually the factory was still closed on 2/28 due to the fire because that was my original build date. Mine was built on 3/4 (factory re-opened on 3/3), was on the vessel Green Cove on 3/10, trasited through the Panama Canal today and will be in San Diego on 4/4 (then it takes a few weeks to get transported to Washington). After your build date, it can take up to a week to get on q vessel in Bremerhaven. Your dealer can give you the ship name, then you can track on www.vesseltracker.com. When it gets out of the straights of Dover and into the Atlantic, you lose it for awhile (no tracking data). Then go to the Port of arrival and you can track its arrival. Hope that helps. Have fun waiting - it is making me CRAZY!!!!!
Originally Posted by PBART
4-6 weeks is average to port (Baltimore). My car was built 02/28, right after the fire... It arrived at the port today!! I should have it within 10 days.
thanks very much for that site Greta and info pbart. I will find out my vessel name when it gets to June. - seems like such a long way off...
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM
PBART
Track Day

apologies. mine was built on 2/23. I was looking at wrong month on calendar. should have it soon. cant wait! best of luck.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm really curious about what Atlas/Terracotta looks like... I was thinking Atlas/Sea Blue.

I feel your pain... I'm holding out for the model refresh.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
skyytek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'm really curious about what Atlas/Terracotta looks like... I was thinking Atlas/Sea Blue.

I feel your pain... I'm holding out for the model refresh.
You might want to look at this thread. Its not confirmed - but thats what I heard. Thats why I jumped in and decided to get a 08. I didnt want to wait forever potentially for the 09. I hope the rumors are wrong though.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/419673-2009-tt.html

Im curious on the atlas/terracotta too ironically :-). I did quite a bit of research both on the web and at the dealer before I decided on the color combination. iMO the atlas seems to be a very dark grey - almost black in the dark and with a very very slight blue tinge in the sun. I am hoping it will look very striking. - I will definitely post pictures when its in my possession - coz I have not really found that color combo on the web - or at least a good picture of it. I definitely do not like sea blue though... a friend of mine has a white tt with sea blue - the white looks okay - the sea blue almost looks plastic imho. but then having said that - who cares really - its a tt.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Atlas has a lot of blue in it. It's a gorgeous color - my friend's Carrera S was Atlas/Stone and that was the car that sealed my decision to buy mine. I ended up with Seal Gray (which I love, too), but Atlas is SO nice, so classy.

Definitely post some pics when you get it!

As far as the Turbo goes, I am still not 100% decided. I may end up getting an Aston V8 (the 400hp new one), a GT3 (if I can find an allocation), or a Turbo. Lots of factors (keep the RS4 or not, buy another house, etc.) are holding me back from pulling the trigger.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
skyytek
Intermediate

Atlas has a lot of blue in it. It's a gorgeous color - my friend's Carrera S was Atlas/Stone and that was the car that sealed my decision to buy mine. I ended up with Seal Gray (which I love, too), but Atlas is SO nice, so classy.

Definitely post some pics when you get it!

As far as the Turbo goes, I am still not 100% decided. I may end up getting an Aston V8 (the 400hp new one), a GT3 (if I can find an allocation), or a Turbo. Lots of factors (keep the RS4 or not, buy another house, etc.) are holding me back from pulling the trigger.
seal grey ?. I didnt see that color as an option ?. is it a dark or light grey ?. I hear you on the decisions though - I was procrastinating for about 3 months before I pulled the trigger.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Originally Posted by skyytek
seal grey ?. I didnt see that color as an option ?. is it a dark or light grey ?. I hear you on the decisions though - I was procrastinating for about 3 months before I pulled the trigger.
Seal Gray was replaced by (and looks very similar to) Meteor Gray. Atlas is still my favorite shade of gray...

The color I really want to see in person is Malachite Green. It looked amazing on the Turbo cab in Excellence.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:36 PM
skyytek
Intermediate

Seal Gray was replaced by (and looks very similar to) Meteor Gray. Atlas is still my favorite shade of gray...

The color I really want to see in person is Malachite Green. It looked amazing on the Turbo cab in Excellence.
meteor grey is awesome too. I was going to get that color actually (since my fiance has a slate grey caymen). but swapped at the last minute since I wanted as close to black as possible without going black.

Quick Reply: average time from build to delivery - east coast usa.