Clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
GNALUZU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem...

Hi everybody,

Took delivery of an '08 TT Cab back in December. Love the way it looks in Cobalt Blue.

Anyway, a few times I noticed that the clutch pedal would only come up about 2 inches. You would have to physically reach down and pull the pedal up.

Originally I thought that this was a cold weather problem (I know, Arizona doesn't get that cold), but the other day it happened again. The clutch was basically on or off, no play in between. Made it pretty interesting getting to the dealership. Luckily it is only a couple miles from the house.

The car is at the dealership now. They just called and said that the clutch fluid is almost empty. They are confused because they can't find any leaks anywhere. They said that they are calling the factory to try and find out what might be going on.

So, I figure that I would ask the community here, since you guys tend to know more than the dealership

Has anyone had any type of similar problem? Anyone want to guess what might be going on with the car?

Thanks,

Adam
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
rmira
Instructor

I had a clutch issue with my '06 Carrera, but none with the TT.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,173 Likes on 577 Posts

clutch shares fluid with the brake system. Any braking issues? If it were a leak you should have very poor braking.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 PM
GNALUZU
Advanced

Nope, no brake issues that I have noted. Although, the car barely has 2,000 miles on it and it hasn't been pushed too hard.

I heard back from the dealer this afternoon. Porsche has authorized the entire clutch assembly to be replaced, even though they couldn't find any cause of the problem. Looks like I have to break the car in again.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

do a search..i thought someone else a couple of months ago posted an almost identical condition as you describe.

Quick Reply: Clutch problem...