Sponsored by:

Front Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Ape
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Chin Spoiler

First off, I LOVE my new car!!! My other sports car is an 06' F430 F1.....I like them both equally which is saying a lot because the 430 up till now was the best car BY FAR I have ever driven.......OK now my issue with the Turbo is.....Why the flimsy front spoiler?? Is there a way to reinforce it? I have carbon fiber skid plates on the 430 that work great, but I cant imagine any way to attach anything to the Turbo's front chin. Im VERY accustomed to going slow and on an angle when going up or down driveways etc, but I have already scraped up the chin a bit.
What can I do?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

And you ask this why? What's the problem?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM
GNALUZU
Advanced

Unfortunately, there isn't much of an option here. The lower chin spoiler is subject to scrapes and scratches very easily.

The only thing that I have heard of people doing is buying extra replacements, so when they get messed up bad enough they just put a new one on.

I wish we would have paid more attention to how easily this piece gets damaged. We optioned to have it painted to match (cobalt blue) so we can't just put a new piece on there without getting it painted.

The first scrape is the hardest After that, we all just learn to live with it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:44 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Unfortunately, there isn't much of an option here. The lower chin spoiler is subject to scrapes and scratches very easily.

The only thing that I have heard of people doing is buying extra replacements, so when they get messed up bad enough they just put a new one on.

I wish we would have paid more attention to how easily this piece gets damaged. We optioned to have it painted to match (cobalt blue) so we can't just put a new piece on there without getting it painted.

The first scrape is the hardest After that, we all just learn to live with it.
You could replace your "damaged" painted chin spoiler with the unpainted, black one - nothing prevents that other than aesthetics.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 533 Posts

It's a <$200 consumable part, unlike the 993 which scrapes the whole bumper cover.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Papa
Intermediate

Great car - too quiet - front lip or spoiler constantly being scratched no matter the speed or angle (in Florida with big drains) - worse problem, the inner fender wells which are a plastic composite are easily damaged by the same drains when the flap in front of the tire hits vertically and is not pushed back - fortunately, they are easy to replace.

Papa

Quick Reply: Front Chin Spoiler