Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own and know much about WERKs1 package,,, I love this TURBO -link-

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Anyone own and know much about WERKs1 package,,, I love this TURBO -link-

This has been on ebay many times..... I often bid roughly 100K for heck of it (knowing full well I am worlds away on $) just for fun. I keep coming back to this car....I have a none Turbo car 997 now and love modified cars. I am not the purist by any means. Anyone ever ride in a 997TT w/ 620hp? Anyone know much about this company selling this car etc? Seem to have a few others as well for sale....modified TT's with champion parts...Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123
Old 06-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

I would imagine several of us would be curious in how they managed to take a 480 hp engine to 620 hp by changing a few things. I would doubt the claims. There's a reason it is on eBay.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default There's a reason it is on eBay.

Not sure I believe in that, plenty of nice things bought and sold on fleabay these days. (junk as well, agreed) They seem to have a number of cars done with champion parts etc. and solid feedback from buyers etc.... curious if anyone is familar with the selling company. Thanks for the comment.

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I would imagine several of us would be curious in how they managed to take a 480 hp engine to 620 hp by changing a few things. I would doubt the claims. There's a reason it is on eBay.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Excellence did a full test of the Champion Werks1 997TT in the May 08 issue.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Especially since:

By placing a bid on this vehicle you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle. We reserve the right to cancel all existing bids and end the auction early should the item no longer be available for sale. The successful high bidder will submit a $1,500 non-refundable deposit within 2 business days of the close of the auction to secure the vehicle. The buyer agrees to pay remaining balance due (plus applicable fees and taxes) within 5 days of the close of the auction. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle. Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. The buyer is responsible for all shipping charges. We will assist the buyer with finding a shipping company - call us at (561)-845-3838 for more information. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after leaving our premises. If the vehicle is going to be shipped, full payment must be received before the vehicle is delivered to the shipping company. Every effort has been made to accurately and fairly describe this vehicle to you. Driving Emotions has tried to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. Please be advised that used vehicles will have typical scratches and dings inherent for their year and mechanical parts are subject to fail. Driving Emotions is not responsible for any typographical errors of any kind in the description of this advertised vehicle. Driving Emotions welcomes and recommends a pre-purchase buyer's inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Buyer is responsible for any inspection charges and fees. Unless otherwise stated in the vehicle description, this vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids. Manufacturer's warranties may still apply. Extended warranties may be available; please contact us for details.
... basically means, "you are an easily cowed moron who will accept conditions on the sale of a car that you would turn your nose up at if you saw them printed on, say, a box of crackers. But, hey, it's your money, sucker!"
Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default typical

such verbiage is attached to many car sales on fleabay...... not un heard of and easily dealt with...if bid was accepted on a 100K+++ item I would be on a flight that day to wrap up the deal in person....

Originally Posted by Whisper
Especially since:

... basically means, "you are an easily cowed moron who will accept conditions on the sale of a car that you would turn your nose up at if you saw them printed on, say, a box of crackers. But, hey, it's your money, sucker!"
Old 06-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

I know some folks at Champion, and at another shop in south FL who can explain more about this package.

Email me for details/contacts. eric@bumperplugs.com

I think DrivingEmotions has had this one for a while, along with the two black ones as well. Champion does some pretty slick stuff. And the other tuner I know is very familiar with their product.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

All those mods and they forgot to put clear side markers on it? Sheez...
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The rear diffuser looks out of place on a 997 Turbo.

Quick Reply: Anyone own and know much about WERKs1 package,,, I love this TURBO -link-