Sponsored by:

Turbo S Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Turbo S Pricing

Does anyone think there will be any type of discount on the new Turbo S from the dealers or should we expect to pay MSRP? How bad of a hit will this car take as you drive it of the showroom floor? Have past Turbo S cars held there value over the years?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Does anyone think there will be any type of discount on the new Turbo S from the dealers or should we expect to pay MSRP? How bad of a hit will this car take as you drive it of the showroom floor? Have past Turbo S cars held there value over the years?
MSRP. AFAIK, They won't make many of them. Basically you have to order/build one to get one. Also, again AFAIK, the dealer you order it from has to have a built slot allocated to it.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup it's time to toghen up for the current model year. Don't know if Porsche is keeping production down on purpose or what? But ultimately a shorter supply will drive the price up. And one thing is for sure, we don't have that many Turbos for MY10. Heck my local dealer only had one Turbo this year with one S coming later in the year. It sucks to be in Bakersfield!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Have past Turbo S cars held there value over the years?
only the 993tts held well.

I do not expect this current one will hold well as new technology becomes dated very fast lately.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be ordering a Turbo S Trading my 2009 Targa 4 S with the hit I am taking on the 2009 due to the Porsche give away program this past fall I will be hoping for some sort of a discount.

You would think at almost 300 k spent in the last year they would be willing to help out. plus I will be ordering the wife a Cayenne (2011) when that build sheet comes out.

If I dont get treated right on Turbo S I will be looking hard at Merc or Beamer SUV

Gj
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Gj325
Pro

I will be ordering a Turbo S Trading my 2009 Targa 4 S with the hit I am taking on the 2009 due to the Porsche give away program this past fall I will be hoping for some sort of a discount.

You would think at almost 300 k spent in the last year they would be willing to help out. plus I will be ordering the wife a Cayenne (2011) when that build sheet comes out.

If I dont get treated right on Turbo S I will be looking hard at Merc or Beamer SUV

Gj
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

G....forget expectations. Dealers are hurting bad, and they will likely not be doling out discounts on the Turbo S, regardless of relationship and future buys. But....some will offer a slight bit off, and if your dealer does not 'treat' you right, find another dealer. There are a handful of really great folks around in the business who are often willing to deal. But if your local dealer is where your relationship is, do your best to make that work first. Give them a shot. But on a 'new' model or 'exclusive' model with limited production, all bets are off on discounts.

And for what it's worth (free) in my opinion, I'd not swap an '09 for the TT S unless it's such a burning desire you have to have it. The revised Turbo will be out in a couple of years, then you'll kick yourself silly. Just my two cents. If you really want to move into a Turbo, do what I did and try to find an '09 Turbo out there close to your spec. I found a new one, last of the GT1 blocks, and could not be happier. Lightly used ones are around, for a steal.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

I was ready to move forward with a 2010 but could not find a build slot so I said screw it. Especially when I saw the photos of the 991! Figured I've been waiting since the 993TT came out, literally when I was 22 years old (but back then it was dreaming), I can wait a little bit longer!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
I found a new one, last of the GT1 blocks, and could not be happier.
Eric,

congrats, sounds like a keeper for you.

I'm glad my incoming RS still has the GT1 block, also a keeper for me.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Gj325
Pro

And for what it's worth (free) in my opinion, I'd not swap an '09 for the TT S unless it's such a burning desire you have to have it. The revised Turbo will be out in a couple of years, then you'll kick yourself silly. Just my two cents. If you really want to move into a Turbo, do what I did and try to find an '09 Turbo out there close to your spec. I found a new one, last of the GT1 blocks, and could not be happier. Lightly used ones are around, for a steal.

I am really wanting to spec out to exactly what I want. I agree with you that the 2009 would be a steal. Don't know much about TIP. Want PDK due to personal reason. Thought the PDK would still allow me to be part of shifting. I know its not the same as 6 speed. Does the TIP allow for same shifting?

I realize they may not discount much if any but getting me few K more for trade in would be a good faith effort.

Could always wait till Mid Summer and order a 2011 Turbo. I am being told that the 2011 build sheets will start around June once the Turbo S is gone is my assumption.But then I wouldnt have a S what that matters. Since I would build with PCCB PTV PDK Sports Chrono might be better off with the S with no discount.

Being told new model will not start till 2013 Not sure I want to wait till then. My evil plan would have me changing around 2014 anyway if I Know my past exp.with keeping cars.

Gj
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

If you can wait, just wait. But it does sound like you are pretty much resolved in getting an S; then go for it. Though I know they won't retain their value like the 993 which is the last of the great Porsches.

I can wait, the lord rewards those who do. I just can't wait for the launch of the 991 so I can waste all those hours at Porsche.Com configuring. Don't know yet but I'm starting to get the notion of getting a plain Jane Carrera 991 and then trading up for a Turbo when it comes out. If I do that I will make absolutely sure to get a Turbo build slot when I purchase the Carrera!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:24 PM
inactiveuser1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911 TURBO
http://www.youtube.com/porsche#p/a/C.../0/ZxqcEYpKYWY
911 TURBO S
http://www.youtube.com/porsche#p/a/u/2/Es6-lUqzhf8
GT3 HYBRID
http://www.youtube.com/porsche#p/a/u/0/-gbwOGOqM_A
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Don't know much about TIP. Want PDK due to personal reason. Thought the PDK would still allow me to be part of shifting. I know its not the same as 6 speed. Does the TIP allow for same shifting?

I'm not a tip guy (nor PDK) so I can't answer that one.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good point. Tell your dealer to __find__ a Turbo on a lot somewhere which is close to your wants option wise.

Go to a BIG dealer in your area. Smaller dealers will not be able to trade to get that extant Turbo for you if it exists somewhere.

Just an idea for you. I know you (the OP) was talking TurboS.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

The TIP is worthless and detracts value. The PDK is just an amazing transmission. I will not have another tranny in the car. I get a kick out of the guys who say, the race cars dont have it, I AINT having it!!
the first GT3s had sequential. the difference in my mind from a sequential and a PDK is nil. You can shift the PDK just like a sequential. The PDK is a MANUAL tranny that shifts automatically.

As far as pricing on the S and I havent seen any posts on it yet but I got 10K off my Carrera S. They were giving 15k off on Turbos. They will do the same in my opinion on the S. They do an S at the end of each run of Porsches anyway. There is an turbo S all through the runs, this one wont be any more special than any other S and I bet with economy there are some nice discounts on the S too

Quick Reply: Turbo S Pricing