Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally ready to take the dive back in... help with options...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 PM
thorin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ready to take the dive back in... help with options...

Alright boys... I've been on the board here before, used to a own a 996 C4S which I loved and sold a few months ago to get an X5 for the family (the C4S couldn't exactly fit a baby seat).

I've missed having a Porsche ever since then though and now I'm ready to buy something nice for myself again. And definitely I'm going 997. And here are some questions that I need help with:

1. 2009/10 Carrera 4S or 2007 Turbo? keep in mind, even with Porsche extended warranty, the older turbo will likely be more expensive. And the newer car will have PDK (a bonus for my commute).... but the turbo will be, well it'll be the turbo!!!!

2. Canadian or US? I am based in Canada, and we ripped off in terms of pricing up here. What are your thoughts on this? Worth it to go down south?

3. What are the definite must have options. I know for sure I want sport chrono pkg, and i want leather bucket seats with crests, aluminum or carbon accents, better sound pkg... but there are two that i'm not sure about, 1st is limited slip differential - is this necessary? and two PCCB... i would love to have these but i've heard they're crazy expensive to service and replace. thoughts?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 PM
thorin
Advanced

Disregard. i ended up buying a '10 C4S.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
RSA333
Racer

The 2007 Turbo has a much better engine, IMHO.

Quick Reply: Finally ready to take the dive back in... help with options...