Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:20 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Is anyone else having trouble with the mic? Did my install yesterday and all went smooth.... Galaxy s6 paired right away and streaming is fine.... But the mic does not work.

I have plugged and unplugged... No change.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:01 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by J Berk
Is anyone else having trouble with the mic? Did my install yesterday and all went smooth.... Galaxy s6 paired right away and streaming is fine.... But the mic does not work. I have plugged and unplugged... No change.
None... Except the Porsche is noisy inside
Old 05-15-2016, 02:46 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Messed with it again today with no luck... Wondering if I broke the mic wire when hiding it behind the A-pilar
Old 05-15-2016, 10:09 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

I installed my kit yesterday on my recently purchased 997. The cam locks were the most difficult part of the dis-assembly for sure. I found another youtube video for a similar project install that had more details on what rotation was used. The TranzIt BLU harness wiring is certainly long enough! I used a few velcro ties on the bundle of extra wiring prior to placing it in the back of the console behind the PCM. I brought the single control button out at the bottom of the console and it rests just to the left upper side of the gear shift area.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:42 PM
juan9999
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aloha!

I installed my tranzit a few months ago (see pics earlier in thread). It's mostly been working well, but I have a few intermittent issues.

1. Once a month or so it seems to stop working. (does not connect, nothing happens when I press the button for 5 seconds etc). I wait a day or so and it seems to work again
2 in the last month the RDS text stopped displaying song info. It shoes that it connected to my phone, but when i change songs it displays the last few digits of the name of.my phone. I tried pairing with another phone and the other phone when it connects displays the name of the original iphone.

I contacted itranzit and they recommend disconnecting from power, flipping all the dip switches, connecting again. I installed it behind my PCM so I don't want to have to dig in again :/

I saw a thread on resetting the unit manually, but wanted to see if anyone else had these issues and if they found a solution.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:13 PM
gavram
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it possible to listen to regular radio stations when connected via Bluetooth? When my Bluetooth connection is active I get static on the other radio stations if I want to listen to the radio instead of streaming. Radio works fine if I turn off phone Bluetooth but wanted to see if there was a setting I might be missing.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:36 AM
juan9999
Advanced

If you want to listen to radio, press the button for five seconds to disable the FM transmission. When you need it do the same to reactivate.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:59 AM
Kef Chan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I just use the original Mic location to place the TRANZLT BLU HF Mic, it is prefect!

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 AM
Kef Chan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I have a stupid Question on how to set the radio frequent 98.1 into radio station "5"

I have a stupid Question on how to set the FM radio frequent "98.1" into radio station "5" for easy access? As I remember some members recommend to set the FM "98.1" into radio button number 5 for easy handling of incoming call, any Folks can tell me how to pre-set this radio station into button "5"? My PCM is 2.1 version. Thousand of Thanks.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:58 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't comment on how to set the PCM (I have a CDR24), however, I'm not sure why you would want to set button 5 to 98.1. What I do is set the tranzit blu to transmit on the freq of the radio station I most often listen to (in my case 93.1), then when a call comes in it switches automatically and I don't have to do any button-pushing.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:04 PM
chrisgo
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been trying to remove the steering column cover but I can't see to figure out the actual torx screw size.

So at the bottom of the assembly, there are 2 long holes to get to the screw (one on each side). Inserting a screwdriver headed upwards.

Tried a T-15 (6 pointed star) but I feel like I am stripping the screw and/or missing the grip on the head? Can't even feel it with the T-20. I suspect this might be a T-10

Is there something I am missing or maybe the Torx screwdriver I am using is wrong

Originally Posted by TurboBoostin
I made a few test calls before putting it back together and they could here me loud and clear. I used a bent hanger to fish it through. pics below.

Last edited by chrisgo; 06-26-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:46 PM
russellclaude
Intermediate

I need to try this
Old 08-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Skypalace
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What are pros & cons of the various microphone locations, I have a cab. Have the unit and antenna adapters and ready to install.

I've seen:
1) Upper center
2) A pillar
3) On dash above gauges
4) Above steering wheel

I usually have my top up when doing calls, but don't always have the option when answering a call (ie. on highway and want to answer a call) so a location that works with top down (windows will be up) would be great.

Oh, one more Q: What is the size of the Torx for removing the carpet panels just behind the PCM console on both sides? Most of my tools are in my pitcart which is in a different state so I'll have to buy some spares. I see: Torx, 5mm allen key, 7 mm open end wrench, xacto, electrical tape, double sided tape, potentially coat hanger and plastic putty knife. And of coure wire cutter, stripper, voltmeter. Anything missing that I don't want to discover with everything disassembled?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Mr.White
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi.

A friend with a 2003 996 asked me if it also works with his PCM (I guess its a 2, not 2.1). Does anybode know if the ISO adapter and the antenna adapter are the same? And if so: same Installation process/wiring like on a 997?
Old 08-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,258 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Skypalace
What are pros & cons of the various microphone locations, I have a cab. Have the unit and antenna adapters and ready to install.

I've seen:
1) Upper center
2) A pillar
3) On dash above gauges
4) Above steering wheel

I usually have my top up when doing calls, but don't always have the option when answering a call (ie. on highway and want to answer a call) so a location that works with top down (windows will be up) would be great.

Oh, one more Q: What is the size of the Torx for removing the carpet panels just behind the PCM console on both sides? Most of my tools are in my pitcart which is in a different state so I'll have to buy some spares. I see: Torx, 5mm allen key, 7 mm open end wrench, xacto, electrical tape, double sided tape, potentially coat hanger and plastic putty knife. And of coure wire cutter, stripper, voltmeter. Anything missing that I don't want to discover with everything disassembled?
I've got a cab also, and my mic is mounted on the windshield, tucked up behind the rearview mirror and hardly visible. It works well. In the past when I had a coupe, I tried a-pillar and factory locations. Neither of those were as clear as the high center mount that I use now.

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1