Sponsored by:

Tire Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:05 AM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
I still love the MPSS and they seem to be quieter on this car then they were on my '06. While they might get louder over time, I have no complaints with these and feel you'll enjoy them. They're incredibly grippy and let you know when they're at the limit of adhesion. I haven't used the Hankooks.

If I had an extra $100K laying around, I can assure you that other options would come to mind before loaning you the cash!
LMAO, and thanks for the advice. I think it's going to be a set of MPSS......
Old 04-28-2014, 02:56 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a Turbo but on my 997 Hankooks were noisy harsh riding and had bad feel on the steering. I just insalled Bridstone RE11's but they have a soft compound so they my not be the tire fore you. Check out the Tire Rack site they test and you can see what tires to look at.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:06 PM
AllanB
Advanced

Originally Posted by mopar bob
I don't have a Turbo but on my 997 Hankooks were noisy harsh riding and had bad feel on the steering. I just insalled Bridstone RE11's but they have a soft compound so they my not be the tire fore you. Check out the Tire Rack site they test and you can see what tires to look at.
What Hankooks did you have? . Maybe they were worn out. The ones I linked too farther up are awesome on my SL55 ,very quiet and nice ride and handle pretty good but don't track the car just street it. Just about every review for the Hankook I have ever seen was great for noise and ride quality.

Do you have mods that would make your car ride more harsh or add noise?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

I've tried Pirellis, Hankooks, Sumitomos and Michelins on my 996 C4S. I found the Pirellis to be especially loud after about 8 - 10K miles. My favorite, by far, is the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. They provide great grip and they are quiet. On the downside, they don't last long and they are expensive. They don't make the Super Sport in the proper sizes for the 996 C4S, so I haven't been able to try them. I've heard great things about them though.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Allen I have the Hankook Ventus V12 and the fronts are about half or better there are about 2/3's gone. I just find that the tires lets just say that I don't think they feel very secure on the road. If I wasn't starting to Autocross I would have bought the MSS.

Quick Reply: Tire Noise