Sponsored by:

Sat Radio, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 PM
tgfinn
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat Radio, etc.

Sorry to bother you guys (new to all of this), but I have searched this forum and others for a consensus direction on what to buy to enable my 07 TT with Sat radio and the other upgraded goodies (e.g. bluetooth). I see two companies mentioned: 1. NAV TV and 2. Denison.

Which is best/most integrated?

As I said, I"ve seen a lot on the topic, but the posts are dated and well, I'm not feeling it.

thanks for your help...
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Dension 500SBT for PCM 2.1 will give you direct-to-the-loop ipod, usb, aux and bluetooth (streaming and calls). You can add a Sat Radio receiver with aux out to bring the audio right to the fiber optic loop too.

Everything remains stock.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...product_id=125

Questions: info@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-20-2014, 08:52 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at various options, including the ones you mentioned. I wasn't happy with the reviews etc. and decided to wait it out to see what else was out there. One of our members on here posted a link to a device he has used. After seeing/reading his review, other video's etc. it was a no brainer and I pulled the trigger. See link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...pcm-2-1-a.html

I installed it myself and it was quite easy - the hardest part was getting the radio out. It streams Sat radio, Songza etc....plays your music via bluetooth and comes with a hands free mic. Best part.....it does not break the bank! Cost me less than $200 for the entire unit and about 1.5hrs of my time. Check the reviews, this product gets 2 thumbs up from a ton of people. I am surprised people don't talk about it more when looking for these options. Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the NAV TV in my 997 and while it works ok, the functionality is very strange. Unless they have upgraded the software significantly in the last 5 years I can't recommend it.

Quick Reply: Sat Radio, etc.