Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Success! FVD tune is stupid fast.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Success! FVD tune is stupid fast.

Have had my TTS about 5 months now. Was very happy with how fast it was. Kept reading about how much faster a tune could make it. Couldn't believe that and tried it myself to find out.
Rhonda at FVD helped me out big time as I'm computer illiterate. The MyGENIUS and her help make my car go stupid fast!
Thanks Rhonda.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:31 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, the fvd tune is the best, safest one out there IMO. Outstanding customer support too.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:05 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have yet to tune my 997TT, but stupid fast is a wonderful thing. Enjoy.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Makbros
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you like it! My FVD exhaust and tune are on the way. Should have it tomorrow late afternoon.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
garychios
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A tune is a tune. Both use " PV = nRT " to accomplish the same goals. I don't see how one is better than another. What would make one better than another is how easy it is to change things.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Jamerikan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by garychios
A tune is a tune. Both use " PV = nRT " to accomplish the same goals. I don't see how one is better than another. What would make one better than another is how easy it is to change things.
I did physics ages ago, but remember that the equations has upper and lower limits, and has variables which are interdependent
Old 09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Jamerikan
Intermediate

Glad you are enjoying the tune.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:00 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

It's all "magic".
Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

While all tunes affect the pressure and volume of gas, it's the effect on other parts of the system (like advancing timing) and how they accomplish that goal that differentiate some tunes from others. Also, there's a big difference between piggy-back tunes and tunes that actually change the lines of code in the ecu. In my opinion, I would rather have a tune that has the correct code written in the ecu than a piggy-back unit that takes the current values and then tricks the ecu into thinking they're something different so it adjusts that way. Just my opinion...
Old 09-01-2014, 10:40 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very happy with my FVD setup.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FVD

I'm not a technical person at all. But I can tell you after my 1st long drive before,this car GOES! Don't care how, but it feels great and it was good already.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Jamerikan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
I'm not a technical person at all. But I can tell you after my 1st long drive before,this car GOES! Don't care how, but it feels great and it was good already.
That's all that matters
Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Have a read of the thread below, tunes can vary hugely fortunately unlike in the 993 days modern engine electronics can prevent a bad tune from overheating and warping your heads/cylinders but long term use of an overly aggressive tune can still cause premature failures.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...n-flashes.html
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 AM
garychios
Pro

As a Motec Person, I cannot believe one ECU or Program will be better than another. Especially when using the factory ECU which then means all the hardware resolution is the same. Its Not Magic, Voodoo or anything that gets reinvented. Its the same principals that can be put on any motor. Now with the 997.2 motor, you have an advantage of running slightly leaner because of the atomization, but again, no magic. Now eventhough, I run a Cobb, the results will be the same with a FVD. I can promise you that.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

As a Motec Person, I cannot believe one ECU or Program will be better than another. Especially when using the factory ECU which then means all the hardware resolution is the same. Its Not Magic, Voodoo or anything that gets reinvented. Its the same principals that can be put on any motor. Now with the 997.2 motor, you have an advantage of running slightly leaner because of the atomization, but again, no magic. Now eventhough, I run a Cobb, the results will be the same with a FVD. I can promise you that.
It is not the ECU or program which is better it is the data within.

There are simply massive variations in tunes, from one extreme of using a laptop and/or Cobb and attempting to alter things whilst driving on the road and never getting out of 4th gear to the ultimate tune which is how manufacturers do it, spending days/weeks on a bespoke adapted engine dyno facility able to tune for 90% of road conditions followed by final fine tuning and testing on the road...

Quick Reply: Success! FVD tune is stupid fast.