Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a set of the bilstein b16 comfort version Coilovers
Old 09-20-2016, 06:47 PM
JKay
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Mine is totally stock. I love the look of cars that are lower than stock, but it's just not possible for me. I live in the mountains and my car is so low at stock height that I frequently scrape on the ground. I am considering the DSC modification.

The Macadamia turbo is a pretty rare car. I've seen one other example, but there aren't many of them out there.
I scrape mine quite a bit too so I'm not too keen on lowering, even tho like you I love the look. I never thought I'd get a brown car but when I saw it in the flesh I liked it.
Back to the box, I think I might try it too, on my stock suspension and see how things go. Let me know how you go wit yours

edited to add: oir cars are nearly
identical Aart from the fact mine has two tone leather and a black top

Originally Posted by turbofever
Get a set of the bilstein b16 comfort version Coilovers
I want to try and keep my ride height stock for now as it does scrape sometimes. Gonna try the DSC box on stock suspension and if that's not enough I'll definitely consider some sort of suspension modification
Old 09-20-2016, 07:03 PM
brutusflash
Advanced

The DSC box is great. It won't make the car a ballerina, but it will take it from "so you think you can dance" to "dancing with the stars."
Flash
Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
JKay
Instructor

Originally Posted by brutusflash
The DSC box is great. It won't make the car a ballerina, but it will take it from "so you think you can dance" to "dancing with the stars."
Flash
haha I love the way you put it. I take it you have coilovers plus DSC box
Old 09-20-2016, 07:21 PM
JKay
Instructor

Does anyone know If the DSC Sport V1 Controller specific to a .1 or .2?
Or just to any PASM equipped 997?
thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 07:29 PM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

A more aggressive alignment does wonders too. To do that you need camber plates or GT3 front lower control arms (which is what I did). That plus adjustable rear toe links, a GT2 rear sway bar and the oft mentioned TPC DSC will set your car free!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:54 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

On scraping - be conscious of the fact that the majority of scraping noise you hear comes from the little stone flaps on the back of the front bumper and the back of the side skirt, and while its noisey, it does no real damage. I've taken my car along winding gravel roads to get to trout fishing spots, and it survived, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2016, 10:02 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JKay
Does anyone know If the DSC Sport V1 Controller specific to a .1 or .2?
Or just to any PASM equipped 997?
thanks
Pm tom at tpc racing
The new sweet spot with these cars is stock suspension, dsc box, gt2 sway, gt3 control arms fr and toe links rear. Forget the b16 and scraping. Imo
Old 09-20-2016, 10:50 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Pm tom at tpc racing The new sweet spot with these cars is stock suspension, dsc box, gt2 sway, gt3 control arms fr and toe links rear. Forget the b16 and scraping. Imo
Agree on contacting Tom or the others at DSC Sport. In my case, Tom confirmed that my 997.2 box is compatible with my 997.1 turbo - works great. However, I don't believe it will work properly with a non-turbo 997.1 since they don't have the proper accelerometer (that is an add on from DSC Sport).
Old 09-20-2016, 11:19 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Agree on contacting Tom or the others at DSC Sport. In my case, Tom confirmed that my 997.2 box is compatible with my 997.1 turbo - works great. However, I don't believe it will work properly with a non-turbo 997.1 since they don't have the proper accelerometer (that is an add on from DSC Sport).
I just bought the box 2 weeks ago and mine arrived marked as "997.2/turbo"
I questioned this as I have a 997.1TT

Tom confirmed the 997.1 and 997.2 turbo boxes are the same.

BTW, the unit works well..
Old 09-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 793 Posts

edited to add: oir cars are nearly
identical Aart from the fact mine has two tone leather and a black top
They look pretty darn close! Mine has lots of nice options from the factory and a few that I added.

342 Heated Front Seats
450 Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB
640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
9S Macadamia Metallic
CUJ Fuse Box Cover in Leather
CXD Door Entry Guards in Carbon Illuminated
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
TG Sand Beige Full Leather
V5 Cabriolet Roof in Cocoa
XCZ Sport Shifter
XMP Leather Sun Visors with Lighted Mirror
XPA Thicker Steering Wheel - Leather
XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
XXF Red Taillights
XUV Storage Bin Lid with Turbo Logo
XDS Leather Covered Ignition Lock Surround
XDX Leather Covered Mirror Attachment Point Finishers
XDZ Leather Covered Gear Lever Trim
XME Rear Center Console Painted in Exterior Color
446 Wheel Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

If you haven't installed the Smart Top module yet, then you should look into it. It's a great mod. I have the Mobridge M2 Pro installed also, another great mod.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:10 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Correct bc the awd turbo has an accelerometer as part of its pasm/psm.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Yogi911
Racer

Hey Nzskater Are you running the box with stock suspension or have you got aftermarket springs? Thanks
Just more input. I have the dsc with stock suspension. I like stock ride height. It is no longer floaty at all and handles much better. The expense for this is the rode is a little stiffer in "normal" mode. I still have a 3 stage unit and keep it in normal most of the time. That said it is less jolting/stiff in "sport mode" 2 and 3. All in all feels great.

With their new computer software supposedly you can adjust it and i know some have loosen up'd normal mode but i havent messed with it.

The only other mod i have is semi solid engine mounts which were cheap/easy/and have nothing to do with reliability. The combo between the 2 was great less movement in the rear end. I dont have a sway (and probably wont get one) but it would be my next move. I say get the dsc and go from there.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:09 PM
JKay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Just more input. I have the dsc with stock suspension. I like stock ride height. It is no longer floaty at all and handles much better. The expense for this is the rode is a little stiffer in "normal" mode.

I say get the dsc and go from there.
Thanks Saabin, and that looks like a great spec there Dennis

Yogi 911 - Interesting to hear you find the ride more stiff in normal mode with the DSC. I was under the impression the DSC box in normal made it smoother than PASM in normal mode whilst improving handling, but am still very keen to get the DSC nonetheless to see how I find it. The roads where I live aren't great and PASM (Especially in stiff mode) around here is not exactly pleasant.

My next step from there may probably be the GT2 rear sway bar, but I want to do it slowly in stages to appreciate the difference every mod brings me.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

How do stock struts handle aftermarket springs? Is there an upgraded strut out there that everyone uses etc?

Originally Posted by nzskater
I'd try that first. Is a must have upgrade. If that still doesn't do what you feel you need then swap in some GMG springs and/or the GT2RS rear sway bar. IMO the three are a great combination, alongside a more aggressive alignment, and as far as you need to go 99% of the time.

I had no baseline so can't comment on how it compares to other more focused cars, but I struggle to find fault with how my car drives. It devours tight B roads, and as you say cruises effortlessly along faster stretches of road. I find it very responsive to driver input and gives a great level of feedback.

Quick Reply: 997TT as a GT on Stock Suspension