Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:56 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Wow. Glad Jay in Toronto has his money. Sorry this chapter of the saga is over. JohnBelk's monkey show cracked me up. Gonna miss it.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:35 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexluvsTTs
Finally!!! Good to hear it finally went your way Jay!

BTW which asshat Canadian bank were you dealing with?
RBC - University and Dundas branch.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:55 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RATBOYUSN
@Jason:

Therein lies the rub.

I wanted to pay with CC, but was told that they used to take cards, but had some problems with buyers and they no longer did. In the end, I paid with a bank draft, in two installments.

RATBOY
And if you'd asked to use a Pay Pal transaction (after they declined to accept your CC) they would have told you PayPal had erroneously frozen their account ,which they are trying to resolve, then offered you 2 or as many payments as it takes to get your agreement and after receiving your first payment and contract signature, they've got the ability string you out with nondelivery excuses until they have all your funds and deliver to you whenever the spirit moves them and/or whenever they have enough money to get the order started through a subcontracted machinist. 5-10 weeks to deliver wheels?? I'm told that it takes only 24 hours to CnC a set of wheels. The rest iof the 5-10 weeks is getting into a machine shop's and a powder coat finisher's schedule and since RTF has a very small number of orders monthly, that they get no priority. So much for RTM's claims to have control over their "in House" CNC machines and quality control?? This is how Race Tech pushes a consumer out of any ability to unilaterally terminate a sale. They've done this to several buyers in complaints I presently have filed with California Authorities, constitutes "False statements made to a Consumer", customer abuse, is illegal in the state of California, and this conduct carries both fines and criminal penalties. Shame on you Race Tech Motoring. None of the other after market wheel companies have to use these tactics to run a business.

Humm---14 weeks, still no wheels, RTM now taking only cash orders, and RTM eliminating their production location(at least on Paper?). I wonder if RTM is now out of business and just collecting $5-6000 deposits? Does anyone reviewing this tread live in or close to Orange County, Calif that would be willing to walk into the office of the California Authorities I have working my indictment to stress the sense of urgency that is needed on this case to protect new victims? If so, PM me.

Last edited by garyever; 01-06-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:50 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
And if you'd asked to use a Pay Pal transaction (after they declined to accept your CC) they would have told you PayPal had erroneously frozen their account ,which they are trying to resolve, then offered you 2 or as many payments as it takes to get your agreement and after receiving your first payment and contract signature, they've got the ability string you out with nondelivery excuses until they have all your funds and deliver to you whenever the spirit moves them and/or whenever they have enough money to get the order started through a subcontracted machinist. 5-10 weeks to deliver wheels?? I'm told that it takes only 24 hours to CnC a set of wheels. The rest iof the 5-10 weeks is getting into a machine shop's and a powder coat finisher's schedule and since RTF has a very small number of orders monthly, that they get no priority. So much for RTM's claims to have control over their "in House" CNC machines and quality control?? This is how Race Tech pushes a consumer out of any ability to unilaterally terminate a sale. They've done this to several buyers in complaints I presently have filed with California Authorities, constitutes "False statements made to a Consumer", customer abuse, is illegal in the state of California, and this conduct carries both fines and criminal penalties. Shame on you Race Tech Motoring. None of the other after market wheel companies have to use these tactics to run a business.

Humm---14 weeks, still no wheels, RTM now taking only cash orders, and RTM eliminating their production location(at least on Paper?). I wonder if RTM is now out of business and just collecting $5-6000 deposits? Does anyone reviewing this tread live in or close to Orange County, Calif that would be willing to walk into the office of the California Authorities I have working my indictment to stress the sense of urgency that is needed on this case to protect new victims? If so, PM me.
i deal with a few forged wheels companies and the order lead time for a set of wheels is 6-8 weeks , and they are legit , no complaint wheels companies. they certainly don't dick with people and funky payment options , and take a minimal deposit for the headache that be created by not taking custom wheels ordered.

but RTF is on another level of horrible customer service, and beyond shady business practices. good luck gary , hopefully you are the dagger in their back .
Old 01-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
PROGRESS UPDATE ON RACE TECH MOTORING/FORGED:

The annually required update of Race Tech Motoring's information in the State of California Business filing was updated 12.03.2016, and displays that Raz has now been reduced to operating RTM/RTF as Chief Executive Officer, out of his bedroom in Laguna Niguel, CA.. RTM has apparently closed the Anaheim location where they previously processed/ stored/ shipped, etc. wheels (or is trying to make it difficult for Calif. Authorities to find him and is still operating there, TBD).

Things are not looking good financially, they are still operating with a suspended Calif. business filing, using the RTF name as a cover to issue contracts, and perhaps now fake addresses for both RTM and RTF, and you can send service of suit and this same address above If you plan to sue them. Everything I see at this operation is illegal and authorities will eventually take action. RTM/RTF have been removed from 95% of the places where they can find new victims. Per forum menber, “Ahilaly,” Carl (owner) says RTM/RTF is broke and cannot return money to anyone.

Whether you have received your wheels or been stiffed by RTM/RTF, consider yourself victimized. These wheels can kill you, especially if you track with them. Several DE inspection units have banned them from track use for good reason and my test lab stands by their certification that mine are cast and not forged 6061 metal.

At least we have finally found out Raz’s real name. The name is almost as much trouble as getting a set of wheels mfg'r properly.

This person Named “Carl” keeps coming up as the owner, but doesn’t show up on any filed documents. Does anyone know if this is a real person?

(New business filing info below)
Well that sucks. I've got a set of their wheels on my car.

Last edited by Robb M.; 01-12-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: legal
Old 01-07-2017, 08:30 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

I read this thread and pricing for these wheels. The money asking for these wheels is comparable to Fiske, BBS and HREs. Why would folks pay this kind of money to a non proven product?
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Not to worry, as apparently they're not "their" wheels.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:48 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Jay, happy to learn you got your money back...

unfortunately there seem to be more victims popping up. I still can't tell if these guys are malicious or just incompetent...
Old 01-07-2017, 04:40 PM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Representing cast wheels as forged is not incompetence, it's fraud.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
I read this thread and pricing for these wheels. The money asking for these wheels is comparable to Fiske, BBS and HREs. Why would folks pay this kind of money to a non proven product?
+1
Old 01-08-2017, 05:13 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Folks,

I appreciate those that have contacted me asking for "The Return of the Chimps." If indeed there are others that would like their return, pls let me know...

Although, there may be some that may not

Cheers,
"LugNut "

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-08-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I migrated over from the Cayman boards since the thread was pretty epic. Now I realize that I was just in it for the Chimps.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 267 Posts

I sold my 7TT almost 2 years ago now, and only look over here as I am a fan of the Chimps and LugNuts as well...
Old 01-10-2017, 12:20 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I'd get the wheels checked out, submit a sample or have them magnafluxed by a competent race oriented machine shop.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:12 AM
RATBOYUSN
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy P-car drivers. I'm making a courtesy post on Rennlist as a Corvette Forum member on my experience with RTF. This is a follow-up post from page 26 (post #389) on this thread. It's a long post if you are willing to read in great detail. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...xperience.html

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000