Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Erisin Android/Carplay Stereo Install in 987 Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 01:07 PM
spender
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erisin Android/Carplay Stereo Install in 987 Boxster

I came across the Erisin stereos (with wireless Android Auto) after reading a thread on another Porsche forum site, and was delighted to see that it was available for my 2005 987 Boxster - and that it was much cheaper and appeared to have more features than competing (and more expensive options). Well, I am glad I installed it as it is very impressive. Sound is probably 10x better than my CDR23, and it looks amazing. Screen is huge at 8" - as large as it could possibly be, see pictures - and the fit and finish are great. Was easy to install, and I also used an Enfig microphone (mounted in the steering column like the OEM) to make the whole install look great. The kit comes with all required harnesses - and also its own GPS sensor so you can use Google Maps and Waze offline - so there is no cutting required (although you should be familiar with installing a car stereo). Some of the menus are written in bad English due to translation issues, but it is figure-out-able, and the Erisin website has lots of info.

My one complaint is that the "springs" to hold the radio in required lots of tweaking to make them catch onto the radio chassis, but it seems solid enough now. See pic below as to what I mean.

If you want to do a good upgrade to your Boxster and don't want to spend a pile, this is recommended!

Old 11-28-2023, 03:23 PM
Rumblestrip
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which particular model did you get? Did you order it from Ali Express?
I just bought my 07 Boxster S. It has the CDR23, and this will be the second thing to do after I score some winter wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: Erisin Android/Carplay Stereo Install in 987 Boxster