Notices

Covid 19 autocross protocol. Anybody figure it out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 08:50 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Covid 19 autocross protocol. Anybody figure it out?

DE seems to be sorted out somewhat, but not autocross. All autocross events that I know of have Porta Johns, and multiple hands contact with cones, radios, flags. And DEs have an ambulance on site, not autocross. DEs also have brick and mortar restrooms with running water, and the up coming DE events all have limited participation. Most (all) DEs do not allow in car instructors and a few offer lead follow for novices. Not possible with autocross?
Old 05-22-2020, 01:32 AM
kpl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SCCA has-
https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-1588021531-21
Old 06-29-2020, 11:50 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Just had our first one with the Peachstate PCA on Saturday. Encouraged the use of masks, no on site payments, prepacked print outs of run group and work group assignments, complimentary hand sanitizer, no time print outs, times displayed on a score board as you exited the course and a socially distanced drivers meeting and awards ceremony. Very well done by the Peachstate PCA volunteers.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:39 PM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I've been to 3 SCCA regionals and 1 SCCA National event (Great Lakes Pro-Solo)since the lockdowns. I was able to keep my distance and wear my mask as were most others. I'll be at the Bristol Champ Tour this weekend and will do the Peru Champ Tour after that.

I think you can be safe from the virus at autocross events if you choose to be.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:14 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Local PCA figured it out. SCCA cannot because the county our site is in won't allow it. Attendance is drastically limited and all the protocols you can imagine including extra paperwork is what it took for the PCA to happen. The behind the scenes work with the Governor's office I understand was less fun than doing taxes.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:44 PM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
Local PCA figured it out. SCCA cannot because the county our site is in won't allow it. Attendance is drastically limited and all the protocols you can imagine including extra paperwork is what it took for the PCA to happen. The behind the scenes work with the Governor's office I understand was less fun than doing taxes.
Apparently the SCCA is having some trouble with Nebraska authorities. Solo Nationals may be in danger.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:45 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Pretty sure nationals is getting cancelled. I think without the restrictions lifted, they'll opt to cancel on August 5th. If the restrictions get lifted some, then it could happen. Bummer but probably the right move.

Quick Reply: Covid 19 autocross protocol. Anybody figure it out?