Notices

Gpodzilla comes to a Miata autocross.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Gpodzilla comes to a Miata autocross.

Yup, was suprised to see it at the Mobile station in the morning. Nissan GTR with GODZILA vanity plates. Owned by a track only guy and highly tuned. It was there on loan with an experienced autocross driver. Owner told the driver to "CRUSH THE GREEN PORSCHE". It was a very un Miata course on Saturday. In fact is was very much a power course. And Godzilla was on R6s and it was also a hot day. Lots to favor a GTR.
Not gonna happen.
Godzilla placed 13th among the non Miatas, and was also *** whipped by no less than 10 Miatas, some on street tires.
As for myself, I was .4 seconds behind the fastest car there, second fastest car there.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Spanked hard !
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM
ryebread
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUGE 4000lb car does not make for a good autocross car. Glad to hear the GT3 kicked his butt. What took FTD?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

skills>car
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice

did you walk up to them and tell them "good job"?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 AM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryebread
HUGE 4000lb car does not make for a good autocross car.
Disagree. We have a well prepped and driven GTR in our region (Northwest Region SCCA). The owner managed top PAX at one of our local events against numerous national champions, won both the Packwood and Colorado Pro Solos, and another driver won the ASPL national championship in the car.

While the GT-R doesn't appear to be an overdog in ASP, its ability to come off of corners harder than pretty much any other Stock or Street Prepared car in existence makes it a very capable autocross car in the right hands.

In other words:

Originally Posted by knfeparty
skills>car
Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

FTD was a well driven Vette on A6s. His best was 64.979 running in SS. (all raw times) I'm ASP and my best was 65.362. He is an awsome driver and I have never been that close to him. No other drivers got below 66.000. Godzilla ran in SSM and his best was 68.430. It could not have been a better event for the GTR. Wide open course and plenty warm enough for his R6s to stick.
Renegade Miata has a 30 min lunch break and I took a run on the course in reverse because I set the cones for NCR Porsche, running the next day. Course seemed smoother in that direction so next day I just dropped the cones in the already chaulked boxes. Just had to change start and finish, and switch some slalom pointers to the new starting end. Even though I made the finish a bit tighter and the course a hair longer, it was still smoother and faster. I took FTD with a 62.105 and a 61.149. Nobody else got clean below 63.
Hit the rev limiter for just one or two "pips" both days.

Quick Reply: Gpodzilla comes to a Miata autocross.