Sponsored by:

Seat back will only go forward?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat back will only go forward? Update

My seat back on the passenger side will only move forward. The problem is in the switch. You can feel the switch move forward but it won't move back. Not sure when this happened because nobody ever rides in the passenger seat. I did have it at the trim shop recently and they had it apart. Is it possible that they caused the problem when they reassembled it?

It turned out to be an alignment issue between the pin on the sear adjuster switch and the ****. The pin must fit exactly with the slot on the ****. If not it will bind and only move in one direction.

Last edited by Jim 'n' SC; 04-08-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 04-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 'n' SC
My seat back on the passenger side will only move forward. The problem is in the switch. You can feel the switch move forward but it won't move back. Not sure when this happened because nobody ever rides in the passenger seat. I did have it at the trim shop recently and they had it apart. Is it possible that they caused the problem when they reassembled it?
Very possible.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 AM
Robbie Ezcurra
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Probably

Originally Posted by Jim 'n' SC

It turned out to be an alignment issue between the pin on the sear adjuster switch and the ****. The pin must fit exactly with the slot on the ****. If not it will bind and only move in one direction.
Most likely

Quick Reply: Seat back will only go forward?