Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with front hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 01:06 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cable is there, it's just most likely behind the fan shroud near the body tub. Here is a picture from my race car showing the routing of the cable. FYI - it doesn't have any sort of handle on it, only a loop of the cable and it's quite thin. You may have to get creative and remove the fan shroud.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:31 PM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Starter986
I don't have a turbo, and I can't remove my bumper without opening the hood.
me either. it's held in place with two screws under the leading edge of hood that you can't access without removing the hood.

maybe you just unscrewed the bottom and sides of the bumper cover and pulled it out far enough to find the pull cable?
Old 06-01-2019, 01:35 AM
1Boxster986
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdexter
I've looked everywhere, so help me out. Battery is dead, tried to jump from the red fuse, can't get anything to work. Pulled both front wheel liners to look for emergency release pull cord. I can not find it. What do I do now?!?
I'm not sure if you still need help. I ran into this issue myself one time. I've learn to re-route the emergency frunk cable because of this in case I run into your current predicament again.

Here is the youtube video I found to confirm which side the emergency frunk release cable is. There were some reports of it being on the driver side during my initial search for answers. The cable is definitely on the passenger side fender. It is all the way in the back right corner of the fender; after you take off the wheel well liner. You do not need to take off wheel well liner. Just enough to get your hand through it to pull the cable. If you watch the video, you can see it's behind the headlight. If you have big hands it might be a hard place to reach like I did. You are looking for a metal wire cable with a loop over it. Wear gloves or be prepared to have scuff up hands. Give it a good yank once you find it. You should hear a popping sound. Good luck!

I take no credit to the original author of this content.

Last edited by 1Boxster986; 06-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:38 PM
user 20389
Banned

I ended up attaching the emergency release cable to the cap over the tow hook opening. Works great
Old 06-22-2019, 10:22 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is probably too late but here's how to do it.
1. Get a fresh battery or jump from another car. The little portable pocket jumpers don't generate enough power.
2. Connect to the Red fuse and ground on the big bolt on the door hinge
3. Give it a little time and then hit the release
4. If that doesn't work then use a charger plugged into the cigarette lighter for a few hours and then repeat steps 1-3
Old 06-23-2019, 12:22 PM
indieworks
Track Day

I had the problem with a flat battery and connected a 12v motorcycle battery to the cigarette lighter socket. This did the trick. However at a later date the front bonnet would not open due to a faulty alarm control unit. The unit under the seat drives the release solenoid under the bonnet. I could not find the manual release cable under any of the wheel wells and had to remove the front bumper cover to gain access to the bonnet release assy. I then found the release cable trapped under the driver side headlamp. No way could this have been found any other way. Routed it to the towing eye location. I tested the release solenoid by connecting the battery to its socket and it worked ok proving that the problem lay with the alarm module. I got fed up with using the emergency cable to open the bonnet and installed a toggle switch inside the cabin (fed from the cigarette lighter socket supply) which drives the solenoid directly

Quick Reply: Help with front hood