Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Boxster Flickering Lights With Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 06:45 PM
Dllrd23
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

IMO, I would invest that money into an inexpensive automotive oscilloscope and a low amp clamp >65 amps and start checking the circuits (starting with the convertible relay). If it is not the convertible relay you will have the tool necessary to find it.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:19 PM
Bush Pilot
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dllrd23
IMO, I would invest that money into an inexpensive automotive oscilloscope and a low amp clamp >65 amps and start checking the circuits (starting with the convertible relay). If it is not the convertible relay you will have the tool necessary to find it.
Thanks. I've got the clamp meter. Until recently it was going to be hard to figure out where to put it. In the brown out mode, I could see current flowing out of the battery when it should have been flowing in (charging). I've got the relay on order and have my fingers crossed.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:55 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Bush Pilot
I got my alternator out today and attempted to replace the regulator. The two screws that appear to hold the voltage regulator to the alternator body appear to be permanently held in place with a permanent thread adhesive because I ended up twisting both screws off and leaving the threaded portion in the alternator trying to get them off. So I guess I’ll order an alternator tomorrow once I understand who pays the shipping for the core.
you just made my day! thank you!
I replaced a lot of parts last summer and am tracking down an airbag light issue on my 99 base with 77k miles. When I was doing the water pump, idlers, and AOC I bought a voltage regulator as a while I am in there. Instead of hex bolts there were two phillips head screws. I ended up using a set of needle nose vice grips to get those screws out. I was cussing the person that changed the voltage regulator. Now I know it was from the factory, so I can direct my anger to the proper person.

Quick Reply: 97 Boxster Flickering Lights With Cutout