problem solved
Visor replacement
thank you !!!!
Old 09-29-2023, 04:45 PM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HartyWags
That is good news. Glad he is checking the filter every time, ask how often he changes the oil. Originally Porsche had is set at every 20K which is insane, they lowered it to 10K. Most people now suggest every 5k to help avoid wear on the IMSB and other bearing. Now that you know you don't need new coils or tires, you can spring for the $850 top upgrade which I told is awesome, no more plastic window. Don't forget to ask for the service records, every good Porsche owner should have a binder with everything in it.

Don't worry about the front bumper repaint, just look at it to make sure it looks good. Just ask why and when it was done. if it looks good and it has been a few years you will be fine. Don't forget to ask about if the variocam chain tension pads have been replaced. here is a detailed link to the issue so you know what you are asking about
https://fifthgear.biz/fifthgear-blog...-to-the-story/

Mine were just like that, deep groves in one of the pads on each side. The pair of pads cost around $30 per side. I did the work myself and it is simple jobs but is a ton of labor. I did mine with the engine still in on only jack stands just to make it that much harder
I appreciate all of your help with this. I was nervous going into it, but everyone in this forum has been incredibly helpful !
Old 09-30-2023, 02:40 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 309 Posts

I would certainly go with the S as you'll enjoy the added power, braking, and having the aftermarket suspension is nice. Just make sure the car checks out via PPI, no matter which one you choose. You're going to be smiling so much with either one of them.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:27 PM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

Update.

car checks out, turns out he’s a Porsche mechanic and I got to check out his 2023 carerra t and his 1986 911

car is in incredible condition. Brakes and tires are new. Suspension is firm and handles so well. Very smooth but sporty.

there are some minor paint marks but a 2 stage paint correction will fix them. Some interior blemishes but again, it’s a 24 year old car.

I’ve never driven stick before and I drove it without issue. No stalls, no engine sounds or knocks.

I pick it up officially on Tuesday !

here’s a few photos

The following 2 users liked this post by Mattrsupplyco:
ER17 (10-01-2023), longm1985 (10-03-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 04:30 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Great buy.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:54 AM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

Today is the day. In celebration I made this Horween Shell Cordovan Porsche keyfob for my new keys.

my hobby is leather work, so it seemed fitting.

Old 10-03-2023, 08:45 AM
longm1985
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So did you pick the silver one or the silver one?

Ok but really, congrats. Sounds like you found a winner given the guy was a Porsche mechanic.

Now comes my actual question: how the hell do people hop in a manual car for the first time and just not stall? I haven't lately at least, but while learning with my dad so long ago... uh... yeah. That poor Saturn took a LOT of abuse in the process lol
Old 10-03-2023, 09:08 AM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by longm1985
So did you pick the silver one or the silver one?

Ok but really, congrats. Sounds like you found a winner given the guy was a Porsche mechanic.

Now comes my actual question: how the hell do people hop in a manual car for the first time and just not stall? I haven't lately at least, but while learning with my dad so long ago... uh... yeah. That poor Saturn took a LOT of abuse in the process lol
haha. I had my good friend in the passenger seat taking me through each step. And the clutch on this car is really easy to operate. The car stuttered a few times getting into first but I got the hang of it after 10 mins.

The following users liked this post:
longm1985 (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 01:02 PM
HartyWags
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats, the car looks sweet! Enjoy the fun.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:26 PM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

My 2000 5-speed is the car I would teach someone to drive a manual in, almost impossible to stall it due to the light and smooth clutch engagement.
A couple of comments on other things in this thread. The S clutch is not noticeably stiffer than the base, some cars are worse than others that's all.
All the talk about IMS bearings and no one mentioned checking the bearing and just removing the seal if it is OK, I have done that on 2 engines and replaced the bearing on one other.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:30 PM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

secured the goods !

Old 10-03-2023, 10:22 PM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

I noticed when I got home it also has some nice upgraded pedals. Do these come on all S models?

I also love this carbon steering wheel. I prefer this over the 3 spoke. Looks nice and vintage

seats need a bit of work but overall pretty good. No splits at all. Just some cracks that can be conditioned and dyed to match.

It needs a good detail. I’m going to spend the day tomorrow cleaning it inside and out.

so far no major issues to report!

Old 10-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

First order of business, I needed to replace the leather shifter cover. I’m a leather worker as a hobby and just tore apart the old one for a pattern and rebuilt it within an hour.

If you’re interested, you can see the transformation on my instagram

Click here !

Old 10-07-2023, 10:48 AM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

Washed and clay barred the car yesterday. Fixed all the leather imperfections and I’m ceramic coating it next week.

im doing all the work on it myself. This is a fun learning experience.

Old 10-07-2023, 10:49 AM
Mattrsupplyco
Intermediate

I love how the gear shifter cover turned out!

Quick Reply: Need help deciding. Boxster vs Boxster S