Sponsored by:

Best brake pad buys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Fletcher
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brake pad buys?

Replacing my rotors and wanted to replace pads with something a step or two better than oem. I have heard the Axxis/PBR Ultimate pads are good for the price. Opinions and experiences appreciated
Old 02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
schnell987
Rennlist Member

Can't beat track pads like Pagid (or similar).
Old 02-15-2005, 11:57 AM
ettsn
Pro

The OE pads are damn good. You'll be hard pressed to find something that works better that also stops well cold and doesn't squal like a dump truck. For track use, Pagid Orange compound, Hawk Blue compound or one of Performance Friction's many good compounds would be great. But for regular street use? I'd just use the stock pads.

-Paul
Old 02-16-2005, 12:04 AM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

So far the OE pads beat the heck out of the ones we just replaced them with. It's the wife's car so we looked for lower dust pads to keep it pretty. Picked up the Mintex Red Box pads after several people on the forums said they liked them, but the stopping power is not as good as the stock pads. We have only put about 150 miles on them so I'm hoping they will break in some more soon and stop better over time. They do stop better now than when I first installed them (very squishy at first), but still not as good as the OE pads.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 AM
JP-"S"
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 44 Posts

Mintex red box. So for so good. I bought these through Mid America great price good everyday performance and has cut down on the brake dust.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So far I have used, Stock, Mintex C-Tech (Blue Box), Pagid Blues, and Pagid Orange.

- Stocks are fine if you don't "track" your car, but track use can crack them and "eat them" quickly.
- Pagid Orange's are the best for track work and I have not found them to be noisy or dusty and their "cold" performance is good.
- Pagid Blues are about the best "dual purpose" pad.
- The Mintex Pads were noisy on the street, dusty, and did not have long life (but better than stock).

For what it's worth, so far I like the Orange's the best (but I am still in the process of "using" them.

Quick Reply: Best brake pad buys?