Sponsored by:

Deal or No Deal??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal or No Deal??

OK. Looking for some expert advice here.

I'm looking for a new car for the wife. She loves the Boxster but won't drive mine because she won't touch a stick. Yeah, I know, just stick with me here.(get it? stick? I kill myself)

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice used Boxster or S tip. I've found one in LA that I'm looking at:

'00 Boxster S
Tip
Silver 21K Miles
Normal options (Leather, DSP, Touring Package, Upgraded wheels)

I'm thinking that this is a pretty good deal if I can get it for around $26-27K. Nice commute car. Other than the fact that the Tip is just not what God intended for Porsche's, does that sound like a good deal? I've checked Kelly and it blues out for around $29K but they have so much wiggle room in their numbers, it's pretty crazy.

Any comments appreciated. Or if anyone wants to unload a 986 Tiptronic with low miles, let me know (West Coast only please).

Alex
Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

That sounds like a good deal to me if all if as it should be. Wholesale on that car is around $24k usd so if you can buy it for $2k over you're doing well!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Badcow!
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price looks fair.

Let your wife pick her car. What does she want? What has she asked for in the past?

I made the mistake of picking one for her - even when she said she wanted me to, is was a mistake. I had not heard all the times she told me what she wanted as loud as I heard, "you pick." Oops. The test was, "are you listening to me, dear?" I didn't pass... Since I have recouped most of the loss.

Offer your wife advice with caution. What is her being happy with you worth?

Just my $0.02. From an expert... though my paying clients don't get it so directly.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Price looks fair. As for the tip, you should find that the transmission is very impressive.

Quick Reply: Deal or No Deal??