Sponsored by:

Alarm and Microwave

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
SLu
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm and Microwave

My wife generally doesn't lock her 2005 Boxster S when it's in the garage, but the kids started playing with the door and put a small dent in it. So, she's been locking the door this past week. Around 5 AM, I'm usually warming up a bottle of milk in the microwave. Three times this week, the alarm in the Boxster went off as soon as I press start on the microwave. The microwave doesn't cause any problem all evening when I'm heating up food, but only in the morning. Due to the configuration of my kitchen and garage, the back of the microwave is pointing at the front of the car and is about 8' away with a single drywall in between.

The alarm has gone off in the past when the washer/dryer, which are about 6' from the car, are running. We got pass this issue by unlocking the car when we wash or dry cloth.

Has anyone else experience this problem?
Can I turn down the sensitivity of the car's alarm?
Maybe put some some type of shield between the car and microwave to block whatever radiation or EMF is causing the alarm to go off?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes its common
no ther4es nothing you can do
Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 AM
mreric
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine goes off randomly all the time... I just think is is wanting attention, and nothing gets attention in a parking lot better than a Porshce with the alarm going off... I just stopped locking my doors (probably not the wisest idea, but I figure it is no worse than me leaving the top down all day anyway...)

Wish there was a way to just disable the whole alarm. Nobody really pays attention to them goin goff anyway. Someone could be loading my car onto a flatbed with the alarm going off and i would put $ on nobody saying anything.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a new Microwave!

I wouldn't want to stand next to one that could set-off my car alarm through a wall!!!!!

Quick Reply: Alarm and Microwave