Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suction Cup Window Mount for Camcorder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suction Cup Window Mount for Camcorder?

Folks:

I'm looking to do some DE laps in my 986 and I'm thinking about mounting my video camera in the window to help me do some post-session coaching.

I've been looking around for a good simple mount, but haven't seen anything that stands out. I've also seen some folks with kits to mount the camera between the roll hoops. I don't think I want to do that.

Some of the folks at the track had nice suction cup mounts that fitted onto the windshield and that seems to be the simplest solution. Any specific recommendations?

Alex
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts
Default I bought one years ago when I bought my 02. Can't remember...

Originally Posted by ajauch
Folks:

I'm looking to do some DE laps in my 986 and I'm thinking about mounting my video camera in the window to help me do some post-session coaching.

I've been looking around for a good simple mount, but haven't seen anything that stands out. I've also seen some folks with kits to mount the camera between the roll hoops. I don't think I want to do that.

Some of the folks at the track had nice suction cup mounts that fitted onto the windshield and that seems to be the simplest solution. Any specific recommendations?

Alex
brand name but found camera shop in KC Mo along side I-35 south/west of town that would order the unit for me. I'm pretty sure any large camera store if unit or something similar still exists could order it for you wherever you are.

Big sucker. (No pun intended.) Cup about 6" inches in diameter. Post stands 8" tall. Came with nice cup protector and bag.

Brand name? Let me dig it out of closet... Manfrotto. ART 241V. Made in Italy.

Can't remember how much I paid. Over $100 I'm pretty sure. I've only used it a couple of times. My camcorder a bit big but it holds it well at least on the street. Never track car.

Did quick search. Look here:

http://harrysproshop.com/Tripods/sup...uperclamps.htm

Looks like price is $169 now.

Oh there's a rod that clamps to the camera post and you extend this rod down until it contacts floor. This helps stablize and support the camera. I think you can see this rod in picture at web site I posted above.

I've toyed with idea of getting some in-car camera setup like police cars use but I tried one place that dealt with police vehicles and they refused to deal with me. Not for racing I want cameras but to film other drivers then sell videos to America's Worst Drivers on Fox!

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Suction Cup Window Mount for Camcorder?