Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

986 Sprint Boosters are here- Discount for first order!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
GMP - Stephen
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 986 Sprint Boosters are here- Discount for first order!

We finally got the Sprint Boosters in for the 986 Boxster, which we are selling at a special introductory price (click below):

986 Boxster w/Manual (2001-up only)

986 Boxster w/Tiptronic (2001-up only)

Click here for more information on Sprint Booster

We would like to test one of these on a Boxster here at our shop, and also document the install for you guys. So we are offering a further discount, plus free install, to the first customer who brings their car to us for this upgrade.

Or if anyone would like to order one, install it themselves, and take clear detailed pictures of the process, we will extend the discount to them that way (credited once the pics are sent to us).

Here's what the 986 unit looks like:

Connector to pedal:

Connector to harness:

Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Pardon my unfamiliarity here but what exactly does this do for a boxster? Increase the throttle response in terms of pedal position?

Tom
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ yeah... what he said.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
GMP - Stephen
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by originalmotorhead
Pardon my unfamiliarity here but what exactly does this do for a boxster? Increase the throttle response in terms of pedal position?

Tom
Originally Posted by MikeBat
^ yeah... what he said.
Yes, it increases the throttle response for any given level of input by changing the signal sent from the pedal assembly to the ECU. Here's a link on our site with even more details:

Sprint Booster Details
Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what one of our satisfied customers from Rennlist has to say about the Sprint Booster he just purchased:

"...this thing is cool. Installed in a 99' C4 Tip - probably the 'doggiest' 996 there is (supposedly). Throttle response is significantly 'speeded up' and feels very 'snappy'. Car feels like it has way more power than it does and results in a permanent grin whenever your foot is on the gas. Probably the best bang for the buck SOP mod there is. I can only imagine what it would feel like with 25 or so extra horses that are promised with a sport cat and Fabspeed or equivalent intake mod. And the SOP feel must be even better with a 6-speed - unbelieveable. I give it 4-stars-Plus out of 4 stars.

Cruise control works fine...

Tranny shifts fine...

Car goes like Rocket...

...Priceless....

Well worth the bucks and the install is EASY but a PITA due to contortionist requirements to install. But on the PLUS side: you don't have to jack up the car - don;t have to drain the oil - and you don't have to use any kind of tool. Very neat - this is a secret weapon but the genie is out of the bottle now"

Here's a link to the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...pressions.html

Still in stock and on sale for $299 + $1 shipping!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bump...

Still on sale for $299 + $1 shipping! None of you Boxster owners would like quicker throttle response with no delay?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:00 PM
jwade
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

GMP,

People may be a little reluctant because of price and just maybe the overall concept and what your device is supposed to do...

have an e-gas '01 S that does exhibit a bit of odd throttle hesitation at low rpm's. Don't exactly know why, but sometimes when I put my foot down, it does something I cannot really describe without sounding stupid, other than to say it hesitates mildly. At higher rpm (above 4000), this phenomenon doesn't happen. My car is not high mileage, but at approx. 17800 currently. I have BMC air filter installed and fabspeed by-pass pipes. Other than that, it's totally stock besides PSE and always serviced to a tee.

I have looked at your site and noticed you do offer a 30 day money back guarantee so call me crazy, but I don't mind guinea pigging your device. You think we can work something out on cost though? If so, I will heavily document the install w/ pictures as you request.

email me @ jonclark@caarchitects.com if ok or pm me. Thx, Jon

Last edited by jwade; 08-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 PM
blue2000s
Advanced

It's about double what I'd consider a reasonable price.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Tierce
Pro

just curious, why is it only 2001-up? what changed from 2000 to 2001 in the S version???
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 AM
jwade
Rennlist Member

"just curious, why is it only 2001-up? what changed from 2000 to 2001 in the S version???"

Drive by wire or as Porsche calls it, e-gas. No throttle cables anymore. Blue, I agree with you. Seems like 150ish would be around the right number. Don't understand the 300?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 AM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwade
GMP,

People may be a little reluctant because of price and just maybe the overall concept and what your device is supposed to do...

have an e-gas '01 S that does exhibit a bit of odd throttle hesitation at low rpm's. Don't exactly know why, but sometimes when I put my foot down, it does something I cannot really describe without sounding stupid, other than to say it hesitates mildly. At higher rpm (above 4000), this phenomenon doesn't happen. My car is not high mileage, but at approx. 17800 currently. I have BMC air filter installed and fabspeed by-pass pipes. Other than that, it's totally stock besides PSE and always serviced to a tee.

I have looked at your site and noticed you do offer a 30 day money back guarantee so call me crazy, but I don't mind guinea pigging your device. You think we can work something out on cost though? If so, I will heavily document the install w/ pictures as you request.

email me @ jonclark@caarchitects.com if ok or pm me. Thx, Jon
The hesitation has nothing to do with your mileage, maintenance, or anything else about your car in particular. It is present in all drive-by-wire vehicles, some more than others. This is the Sprint Booster's "raison d'être." It was specifically designed to rid your car of this hesitation, vastly improving the off-idle throttle response and making heel-toe downshifts smoother and more natural.

Originally Posted by blue2000s
It's about double what I'd consider a reasonable price.
"just curious, why is it only 2001-up? what changed from 2000 to 2001 in the S version???"

Drive by wire or as Porsche calls it, e-gas. No throttle cables anymore. Blue, I agree with you. Seems like 150ish would be around the right number. Don't understand the 300?
We are not the manufacturer, so we only have a very small degree of control over the price. We are selling them at the absolute lowest that our contract will allow ($299), which also happens to be the cheapest around.

Whoever gets the jump and buys one for their Boxster first, however, will receive a significant discount if they document, photograph, and post the install.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:29 PM
jwade
Rennlist Member

So no one has bought one yet? Where does it install?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So no one has bought one yet? Where does it install?
We've sold several for 996's (with very positive feedback, I might add), but have yet to sell one for the Boxster. The installation is supposed to be very similar to the 996, which is to say it should take under an hour.

There will be a harness running up from the pedal assembly to a connector. This is where the Sprint Booster plugs directly into the factory wiring. Then you just plug the other end into the Sprint Booster's 2nd connector, and you're good to go. The most difficult part is positioning yourself in the footwell to get 2 hands in there to work with.

Let me know when you want to place the order!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
jwade
Rennlist Member

Just placed the order. Check PM too. Jon
Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

FYI, it is 2000 and up that is fly by wire.

Tom

Quick Reply: 986 Sprint Boosters are here- Discount for first order!