Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this part? (from "Convertible Top Retrofit Kit" #00004330045)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
stumpjumper
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is this part? (from "Convertible Top Retrofit Kit" #00004330045)

bought this for my GAHH install, I ordered the entire kit because I misplaced one of the funny rubber plugs that's included along with the foam seals, but anyway...

included is a large 3 layer piece of "cloth" that has a silver cloth side, a foam center, and a black cloth side, along with a bunch of velcro, unfortunately I have no such piece on my 2002 S, so I have no idea where it goes, it does have a centering notch but all that tells me is that it should be centered

here's a pic of it on a couch, (on top of the gahh roof) the 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper is for size reference

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look in the owners manual ... the cloth piece protects the plastic window when the top is opened. The strap holds the rear portion of the top up when you need access to the top portion of the engine bay. Most people have lost these parts ....

If you have lost the manual, you can download a copy off the net ... workshopmanuals.co.uk or buy one from the dealer.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
stumpjumper
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the sentiment Jaak, much appreciated

this is not the black piece of felt that covers the plastic window, nor is that included in said kit

turns out that what I have there turns out to be part of a TSB to fix a buffeting/flapping on 03's and 04's and I most likely don't need it, it's inserted in between the frame and roof cloth to both act as a noise barrier and to tighten up any gaps between the frame and roof cloth

(thanks to Brian on the Renntech site for finding it)

Quick Reply: what is this part? (from "Convertible Top Retrofit Kit" #00004330045)