FS: Porsche OEM BabySafe infant carseat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Porsche OEM BabySafe infant carseat

Good used condition.

The Porsche car seat will fit Boxster/Boxster S from 1997 - 2005 and all 911's model code '996', 1997 - 2004. This model does not come with the buckle that clips into the airbag de-activation bar (not as pictured, no red buckle strap)

Porsche Baby Safe infant carrier with adjustable carry handle and integrated stand. Designed for use on the passenger seat. Suitable for children aged 0-9 months (up to 10kg).Note: The airbag must be deactivated using the Porsche Automatic Airbag Deactivation Device

To use this seat in the front passenger seat of a Porsche- you MUST fit the Automatic Airbag Deactivation device (available from Porsche) to the floor of the car. The air bag inactivation device is NOT included in this sale and must be purchased separately. No more devices needed if used in REAR.

$250 new (not including deactivator)

Get it out of my garage $75 OBO.

Prefer local pick up in San Jose, CA area.

Send email with your phone number.

Andy

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 01-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

bump
Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Bump
Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Enough with the Bumps. Thank you.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 404 Posts

Also, if your baby seat does not come with that special buckle/red strap that you see in your picture and plugs into the airbag deactivation bag, what use is it? I have that same baby seat, and cut that buckle off (probably what you did too), so that I could use it with a toddler seat with my car now that my son is too big to fit in that seat. That buckle on that red strap is crucial to allowing the baby use that baby seat in a Porsche because you need it in order for it to work with the deactivation bar. In fact, as long as you have the buckle and a deactivation bar installed/programmed, you don't even need the Porsche branded seat. You can just use any baby seat.

I don't mean to rain on your for sale thread, but someone unaware that you need both the red belt buckle and the deactivation bar to make it work properly as a safety device for their baby in their Porsche may be very disappointed unless they're just planning on using that seat in the backseat of their cars without any airbag deactivation feature.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Originally Posted by boxtaboy
Also, if your baby seat does not come with that special buckle/red strap that you see in your picture and plugs into the airbag deactivation bag, what use is it? I have that same baby seat, and cut that buckle off (probably what you did too), so that I could use it with a toddler seat with my car now that my son is too big to fit in that seat. That buckle on that red strap is crucial to allowing the baby use that baby seat in a Porsche because you need it in order for it to work with the deactivation bar. In fact, as long as you have the buckle and a deactivation bar installed/programmed, you don't even need the Porsche branded seat. You can just use any baby seat.

I don't mean to rain on your for sale thread, but someone unaware that you need both the red belt buckle and the deactivation bar to make it work properly as a safety device for their baby in their Porsche may be very disappointed unless they're just planning on using that seat in the backseat of their cars without any airbag deactivation feature.
I have no deactivator and believe that I made that very clear in the ad. I used the seat in the rear of my 996 with no issues. I figure any one with a back seat can use the car seat just as well as I did. If the seat came with the deactivator feature the price would be more than a $100 more. This is a great deal for anyone that has a situation that it will work for.

We already have plenty of rain in California right now, I don't need yours.

I wish this forum had the same policy as others that it was not allowed to place "discouraging" comments regarding a sale into someones thread. It is just rude.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If I didn't already have one that is exactly what I would want for the BACK seat of my cab so I wouldn't need the deactivation setup.

GLWS Andy!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I used one on the back of my 996 as well, worked great till my daughter grew out of it.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 404 Posts

Ok, sorry about that then. I thought that folks here might get confused if they were looking to install one of these in their front seat, as this is a Boxster forum, and not the 996 forum where the cars would have back seats to use those without the deactivation feature. My apologies.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

For those Boxster owners wishing to use this or this style of seat in the front: Deactivation bars can be purchased from the dealer for $234. Or inquire with fellow rennlist member JR944: https://rennlist.com/forums/7219306-post2.html

Boxtaboy: apology accepted.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
UCrazyKid
Pro

still available
Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

I used one of these, works like a champ. But you do need the deactivation bar, which was fitted free by my Porsche dealer and paid for by PCNA.

This was my eldest daughter off for her first day of day care in my Boxster, 2003!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: FS: Porsche OEM BabySafe infant carseat