Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a spray bottle of RaggTopp protectant laying around?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone got a spray bottle of RaggTopp protectant laying around?

Does anyone have a spray bottle of RaggTopp protectant around they can give me a product code off of. It's on the bottom of the container. I just installed an '03 top with glass window on my 2000 and decided to give it a cleaning and protect. Had bought the RaggTopp cleaning system withing the last year or so and when I sprayed on the uv protect some clumpy white stuff came out. Must have precipitated out from sitting on the shelf or something. Shook up the rest of it and it seemed to help but I'd like to get a replacement from them. Anyway, they are asking me for the code off the bottom and I'm out of town in S.C. for the next 3 weeks. Not a biggie, I can take care of it when I get home, but I've got some down time right now...
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:17 AM
jotoole
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

06309/00297
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ron, they need the product code off your can, so they can decipher the production and date of manufacturer (for QC/QA reasons). Don't give them a bogus code off someone elses product. Ragg Tagg is a very good company. They will make this right. E-mail Rick at Ragg Topp, and he'll take care of your concern. I've been using this product on my Boxster for a few years....top still looks better than new.:

rick@wolfsteins.com
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
jotoole
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Ron purchased the product a year ago, and lord knows how long ago product was manufactured, odds are there were a whole lot of cans filled from the same batch of defective product. Doubt manufacturer is not aware of problem. Especially from vendors having to deal with refunding or replacement issues. One odd code number from a non-affected batch should not cause concern for manufacturer.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Yeah, that makes sense guys, I'll wait until I get back in town and shoot them the code off my bottle. Thanks for taking the time to look that up jotoole, and thanks for the email address noH2O!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Man, you would think this is a no-brainer. Defective product, ship me a new bottle. I originally bought this for a Miata top which happens to be vinyl. I didn't realize the Boxster top is a type of cloth. After I sent the product code off the bottom of it today I got this reply from Lisa Segall at Raggtopp - Your email and picture states you are using Vinyl Protectant on a fabric convertible top? You should have been using RAGGTOPP Fabric Protectant not Vinyl Protectant. You need to clean the top with RAGGTOPP Cleaner and use RAGGTOPP Fabric Protectant.

Well, I can pretty much guarantee I won't be using a Raggtopp product on anything I own. I've gotten the message loud and clear that I won't be getting a replacement...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ron, I disagree with your statement. What did Ragg Topp do or say wrong? I suggest you call into them again and/or send an email to Rick as I stated above on 6/26/11. Your Boxster top came with Ragg Topp on it from the factory. It's a great product.

I had a defective can of protectant (nozzle would not spray a nice wide pattern) and Rick quickly sent me a replacement this Spring, and included a free bottle of conc. cleaner.

Try again, don't give up. Specifically state the resolution you expect/desire. Don't leave it open ended. Also clearly state you have been (or plan to be) a loyal Ragg Topp customer. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a spray bottle of RaggTopp protectant laying around?