Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts
Thumbs up ROW M030 Suspension.

Rennlist,

Porsche just started showing stock of the ROW M030 suspension for the 986. We have been out of these for quite some time and a few of our preorders for the 2.5/2.7 liter are due by the end of this month.

Click here for more info on the ROW M030 kit.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We will be happy to help.
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

It's moot as I'm nearly ready to trade in my 986S for a 987S, but I was looking for US M030 parts for the longest time so I could stay stock-class legal in SCCA autocross. Was frustrating that ROW M030 was not only better performance, but cost half as much!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM
welles
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recall seeing a chart listing suspension specs (anti roll bar diameters and spring rates) for the various Boxster iterations. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. I also recall that the difference between the OEM US spec for the '03-'04 cars and ROW M030 is not significant. Can anyone confirm or deny any or all of this?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if I am pretty happy with my current set up, I think I will buy one of these and have it on a shelf for that rainy day....
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
mwood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by welles
I recall seeing a chart listing suspension specs (anti roll bar diameters and spring rates) for the various Boxster iterations. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. I also recall that the difference between the OEM US spec for the '03-'04 cars and ROW M030 is not significant. Can anyone confirm or deny any or all of this?
I'd also be interested in actual numbers on the spring rates and bars. I seem to recall that the springs are both shorter and higher rate on the ROW, but the bars are the same??
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Near as I can tell, Boxster M030 (US & ROW) front and rear (19.2mm) sway bars are the same as base Boxster S came with from the factory. I was never able to find a conversion between spring color codes and actual spring rates, but the spring color codes are definitely different. They're even different between manual and tiptronic!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Want. Putting second from the top of the "rainy day fund" right under engagement ring
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Originally Posted by pluotaric
Boxster M030 (US & ROW) front and rear (19.2mm) sway bars are the same as base Boxster S came with from the factory............................. well i didn't know .... so thanks for the info in fact i m interested into changing the front right suspension of my cayenne so is there anone who could help me out i really don't have any experience into such things.... first i thought that the front right side might be down due to the shocks, springs but now i fell the inner shock is also bad and doesn't came back to the original position......
I didn't think Cayenne shares 911 suspension components? Might help to take it to your mechanic for a diagnosis and do a lot more research on what other Cayenne drivers found works well before making any changes.

As far as swaybars go on Boxsters, I personally prefer GT3 swaybars, as they're adjustable and let you tune it out precisely how you want it.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pluotaric
Boxster M030 (US & ROW) front and rear (19.2mm) sway bars are the same as base Boxster S came with from the factory............................. well i didn't know .... so thanks for the info in fact i m interested into changing the front right suspension of my cayenne so is there anone who could help me out i really don't have any experience into such things.... first i thought that the front right side might be down due to the shocks, springs but now i fell the inner shock is also bad and doesn't came back to the original position......
cheap car rental surfers paradise
I just did The row swap on my '03 S.
The rear sway bars are the same but the front are bigger. I have the measurements at my shop but not at home.
The car is significantly tighter and handles fantastically.
Probably the best upgrade I have ever made...

Last edited by smlporsche; 11-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the ROW 030 conversion on my 2001 Boxster S and it was FANTASTIC ! Car rode and handled MUCH better than the stock S suspension.........Best bang for the buck.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM
mwood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by smlporsche
I just did The row swap on my '03 S.
The rear sway bars are the same bit the front are bigger. I have the measurements at my shop but not at home.
The car is significantly tighter and handles fantastically.
Probably the best upgrade I have ever made...
Interesting. Seems the last thing the Boxster needs is more relative roll stiffness in front, as the cars already understeer enough.

I have to imagine the rear spring rates are upped, if only the front bar rate is increased. Or else the relative ride heights change, with the M030 spring set. Only other thing I can think of is that the front drop allows some pick up in static negative camber and the increased roll stiffness of the front bar keeps the car from going as far into camber curve.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Just for a point of reference:

As of the 2003 model (facelift) the base Boxster adopted the prior-versions (pre-facelift) S suspension. In other words, the 2003-2004 Boxster had in general the earlier Boxster-S suspension specs.

Obviously as of 2003 the Boxster-S then stepped up the suspension above the then base Boxster.

Nevertheless I ordered one of these kits from Suncoast for my '98 Boxster & will be installing it shortly. My 2003 Boxster will remain stock for comparison sake. I will hope to have the same raves as posted above.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Just recieved mine now I just need to find the time to do the install.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:57 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just remember to get a full 4 wheel allingnment to the ROW specs. It will put significantly more negative camber in the car (both front and rear)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Jeffex00
5th Gear

Wondering if the 2000 ROW Boxster S setup will fit on the base 2000 Boxster. They are listed as different numbers, but can't find anybody to tell me if they will fit without ruining the cars geometry

Quick Reply: ROW M030 Suspension.