Sponsored by:

Spark Plug Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
sjfarbs
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark Plug Guru's

Next project is plugs and coils (and maybe sleeves/o rings if there is oil in there).

Dear spark plug gods ....................how do you access the passenger rear most plug and coil!!! MY 1999

With the liner off, passenger side, access to the two "front most" plugs is pretty good, but the rear one is hidden, I can not even get a visual on the torx heads to remove the coil........

So what is the best way to get to that plug? On a lift from under? Straight on from the side wheel well ? From the top???

Any help is much appreciated!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Dave H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesn't seem to be a problem when i do mine ?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm. I have a '99 and I did this a few years ago. Also did it once for a friend, who had either a '98 or '99.

I don't recall any particularly difficult issues with accessing any of the spark plugs. Not saying they were all a cinch, but I don't remember any particular tricks.

Each time I put the car on jack stands and removed the rear wheels. I did not have a lift at the time, but I definitely got on my back and attacked them from under the car.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM
sjfarbs
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Passenger side , rear most plug is obscured by a piece of metal , at least from the side view with the wheel and liner off....

Maybe there is better access from underneath?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the car on stands with the rear wheels off. Now you can work both underneath and through the access ports in the fender wells if your car is equipped. I also keep a special chopped down allen wrench as on a couple plugs the room to remove the coil pack is tight. When you re-install the plugs make sure you finger start every plug with the extension, only after you are 100% sure it's going in smooth, squarely and absolutely not cross threaded do you finish and torque each plug.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Guru's