Sponsored by:

Supercharged!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
sjfarbs
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharged!

Hey guys. I have an Imagine Auto Supercharger kit on my 1999 Boxster, it was there when I purchased it this year , not sure when it was installed. With 37,000 on the clock when I purchased this year I have been going through all the routine maint (car fax shows regular service reports, but no detail on what was done).

Spark Plugs are next on the list , I did all the research , got everything all ready and got on with it. The drivers side while tight, with the wheel and panel off , you get pretty good access, fine...

Passenger side, well hello Supercharger , right in the way of changing spark plugs!
I really dont see any way at all to get the the one closest to the rear , and the other two are pretty obstructed, forget about getting tools in there!

I pulled the drivers side, they were all in pristine shape, I am assuming they were all changed at the super charger install.

Does anyone else have the Imagine Auto Supercharge? If so , any suggestions on HTF you change the plugs on the passenger side where the Super Charger is mounted!!!
Attached Images   
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use the basic principles of working on cars. you need 2 things, and lots of both.

1)brute force
2)ignorance

When one stops working, start applying the other. eventually the job will get done.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I believe the charger has to be removed....
imagine auto is gone but the main guy/probably who installed it back then is still around...search...i forget his name
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
sjfarbs
Racer

Thanks Gee , the words I was hoping not to hear!
Remove the super charger to change the plugs !
Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

PS.....from what I can see of your pictures, that is not an imagine auto supercharger kit. This is what ours looked like. We utilized a Procharger self contained blower.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 AM
sjfarbs
Racer

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
PS.....from what I can see of your pictures, that is not an imagine auto supercharger kit. This is what ours looked like. We utilized a Procharger self contained blower.
Thanks Doc , the options list when I bought the car from d and m motorsports said aftermarket supercharger , imagine auto .....guess they were misinformed !
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Anyone recognise this hose? I think it is from a Imagne Auto supercharger kit.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2013, 02:01 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, that is from the IA kit....with the exception of that accordion hose piece.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
ppbskis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not being as auto mechanically savvy as most here I have a question. I thought a supercharger would be belt driven and yet this looks like a typical exhaust turbo.What is the area to the left of the turbo looking piece connected to ?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ppbskis
Not being as auto mechanically savvy as most here I have a question. I thought a supercharger would be belt driven and yet this looks like a typical exhaust turbo.What is the area to the left of the turbo looking piece connected to ?
Yes, the superchargers are belt driven. The IA kit has piping coming in for the intake, and a port going out for the output (to the throttle body). The picture blocks it out, but it is connected to the belt drive, you just can't see around the front corner of the supercharger to see the belt/pulley. It is mounted down low by the exhaust header, but there is no connection to the exhaust system as there would be in a turbo.

A recent blog post of mine, better shows the front of the supercharger/belt assembly.
http://rennsportkc.com/986-boxster-s...er-comes-home/

Quick Reply: Supercharged!