Check Engine Light keeps coming on

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
There can be other times the horn sounds. When what proved to be my Boxster's passenger side door lock assembly was going bad the horn would sound when locking the car like something was open/ajar. I suspected it was the switch of the console latch and would open and close the console lid and this quieted the horn. But this behavior would appear again and again. Only after the door latch assembly was replaced did this behavior go away.
True, but it all equates to the same concern. The door latch tells the security module (via microswitch) that the door is open or closed. If it's faulty, it'll think the door is open, and "yell" at you via honking the horn. The honk was a symptom of some failure, but all in all, the car thought something was open.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:02 PM
joegoggans
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update replaced the K & N Filter and cleaned the MFS , but CEL came back on in about 200 miles. This time it only showed P1123 code. Reset CEL and ordered a MFS. It has come in and the Light has not come back on for about 300 miles. I going to wait and see how long it takes to come back on before installing the new MFS.

On the horn sounding on locking. As suggested it was just a trunk lid that I had not been closing.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:17 PM
joegoggans
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its been about 600 miles and the CEL has not come back on. Looks like cleaning the MFS has fixed the problem. Must have been the K & N filter oil on MFS.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by joegoggans
Its been about 600 miles and the CEL has not come back on. Looks like cleaning the MFS has fixed the problem. Must have been the K & N filter oil on MFS.
Good to read. 600 miles and no CEL is a pretty good sign it is gong to stay off. Hope it stays off.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light keeps coming on