Sponsored by:

Lacking Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Lovetheporsche
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lacking Keyless entry

I purchased my Porsche on a private sell. The car came with one key and the remote is a shell. I am not sure what they were thinking whoever took the guts out of the key but I am looking for the best place to get a new key or 2 with the chip inside.

Is this something that only a dealer can do? If not who else does this?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Krater
Banned

You can buy the transmitter on eBay for under $200, but make sure that it comes with the 25 character key code which the dealer will need to program it to your car (must be done at dealer).
Old 02-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Lovetheporsche
AutoX

Okay got it - thanks for the help.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Xcellr8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

25 character key code? I have the bar code tag that came with a remote. It has a 24 character code. Are we talking about the same code here, or are you saying there is yet another code?

Here is link to a key head remote with the bar code
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Boxs...3D191519845395

Thanks, Joe
Old 03-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the bar code
Old 03-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Lovetheporsche
AutoX

I was at bestbuy getting myself and my wife the new Iphone 6 plus and as I was waiting for them to transfer our contacts to the new phones I was bumming around the store. They have the kits for keyless entry, security system arm and dis-arm and remote start (which is not a option on our cars being they are manual trans.) I thought about going that route but I am still undecided. The kit offers a lot but just not a lot for the Boxster. Both trunk releases are manual and the trans is manual so the gain would be unlock and lock the doors. Typical cars for example could open the trunk, start the engine, lock and unlock the doors. On a typical car you can basically customize what all you want the kit to do and pick which button to do it with.

I did set my ebay to watch that listing that was posted above. 3 of my 5 automobiles have the remote start and they spoil you for sure when you go to start it via remote and then realize you do not have that feature with the Porsche. I have a SS 13 Camaro as well and I had remote start added to it.

Quick Reply: Lacking Keyless entry