Sponsored by:

2008 3.6L Rough Idle after diaphragm replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM
pchak
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 3.6L Rough Idle after diaphragm replacement

I followed advice here about the erratic idle in my 2008 Cayenne. The local mech replaced the broken diaphragm, and after getting everything back together, it was hard to start, will barely idle, and runs with low power only to about 4000 RPM. I have P2293 and P1021. All of the posts here would indicate high pressure pump, but I didn't have any issues PRIOR to the repair (other than the loping idle-otherwise the car ran great).

I read that you needed to "retrain" the vehicle after MAF or other parts were removed (and that the values needed to be reset by the dealer?)

Obviously, I've been doing some research here, and have gleaned a lot of different pieces of info. Just curious what folks think that might be wrong based on re-assembly. Perhaps something not connected properly, reversed filter or other blockage, etc. I just don't think that the pump would go at the very same time that the other repair was done. Would just like to look for some overlooked things before taking it to another mech (not going back to original one).
thanks!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Ex968racer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check the MAF connectors to make sure they are clicked in all the way. I spent hours after a repair to troubleshoot a rough idle to find that a connector was not seated all the way.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 PM
pchak
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! That's the kind of sanity check that I'm hoping for. One of those things that seems obvious, but if you go a long time between having to do a repair, you lose the memory...

Quick Reply: 2008 3.6L Rough Idle after diaphragm replacement