Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlamp washer delete on a 2005 Cayenne base (V6)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Mister Quickie
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Headlamp washer delete on a 2005 Cayenne base (V6)?

Both headlamp washers are leaking. I could try and plug up the hoses but there's a lot of pressure from the pump that would likely blow out any plug.
So moving backwards to the washer fluid reservoir itself, there are two holes, each with a rubber grommet that hosts a pump (the main windshield washer pump and the headlamp washer pump).
What I'm trying to do is remove the headlamp washer pump, leave the grommet in, and plug it up with something.
Has anyone done this and/or any recommendations? Haven't found anything online.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Mister Quickie
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The headlight washer pump looks to be towards the rear of the reservoir requiring the removal of the reservoir in order to plug it.
Rather than undertaking that task, I noticed the hose from the headlight washer pump runs across the top of the wheel well to a split.
Before the split there's a metal conduit there for whatever reason, I separated the hose from that, stuck in a vacuum plug with krayzee glue, clamped the tar out of it with a hose clamp so the force generated by washer pump doesn't blow out the plug.
Only thing I noticed was when I filled the reservoir all the way to the brim is that about a half cup will leak out but then no more leaking...I can live with it but strange.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If the system is to be condemned, I would also pull the fuse that serves the headlight washer pump.
According to the owners manual, on a 2005, fuse no.18 (20A) is located on the left-side of the dashboard.

The reservoirs and/or components have been known to leak. Try doing a forum search on this subject: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...sher-leak.html

Quick Reply: Headlamp washer delete on a 2005 Cayenne base (V6)?