Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to install a sunroof switch 2010 GTS, anyone have experience with this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:34 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need to install a sunroof switch 2010 GTS, anyone have experience with this?

Didn't find much info on this. I have been having some intermittent issues with the sunroof. Twice I came out and the sunroof was tilted up with the the switch in the closed position. Yesterday while driving I kept hearing a noise like a repetitive opening and closing and it was the sunroof tilting up and down. Cycled the switch and the problem went away, happened again the next day.

This seems to be a common problem with Audi sunroof switches, looks like the same part as the Porsche switch. I found tutorials, videos for the Audi that look like the overhead console on the Porsche. Can anyone confirm this before I dive in?
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm happy that somebody else brought up this issue as this also happened to me quite a few times. Toggling the switch worked temporarily but not for long.
Given that I rarely use the sunroof, my thoughts were leaning more towards the motor relay.

So far, it has only happened on extremely hot days. I wonder if this is some sort of extreme cabin temperature fail-safe system that the engineers incorporated into the sunroof.

I'm hoping that it won't re-occur during one of our notorious snow storms...
Old 10-19-2018, 11:15 AM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

The switch looks exactly like the Audi switches that have this issue. In the Audi community this sees to be common and the fix is to either take it apart to clean and bend up the contacts or replace the switch. I don't think it is a feature. I would hope not.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:07 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

any update to this problem?
Old 09-19-2020, 10:31 AM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcipseric
any update to this problem?
I took it apart, cleaned the contacts, bent one slightly to make better contact and has been fine since. Not hard to do, I found a YouTube on it for an Audi but the same part so was nearly identical. If it happens again I will probably buy a new switch but that has been about a 2 years ago and have not had the issue since the cleaning.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:12 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Update. It did it again, so I replaced the switch. Maybe I never noticed before but I could swear my map lights are now much brighter. They are like daylight bright. Not sure why the sunroof switch would have any effect on the map lights. FYI, switch is $50ish dollars. Just replace the switch it is not worth the time to take it apart and clean it.
The following users liked this post:
tomhartzell (12-01-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by arthropraxis
Update. It did it again, so I replaced the switch. Maybe I never noticed before but I could swear my map lights are now much brighter. They are like daylight bright. Not sure why the sunroof switch would have any effect on the map lights. FYI, switch is $50ish dollars. Just replace the switch it is not worth the time to take it apart and clean it.
This was 2 years later. If you're over 50, I can explain to you why they're brighter.....

Quick Reply: Need to install a sunroof switch 2010 GTS, anyone have experience with this?