Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

957 CANBUS gateway module replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:46 PM
evilcorgi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 957 CANBUS gateway module replacement.

So I've been having trouble communicating to many modules on my car with Durametric, and all the fault codes are pointing at CAN fault. I took it to the dealer to remedy it but they were unable to pinpoint the issue with PIWIS either. After a series of research, I'm lead to believe that the car has a bad gateway control module. I've been doing some searching, but all I found out is that the gateway module is located underneath the passenger instrument panel under the glove box, but I wasn't able to find how to actually replace them. It doesn't look like a hard job, but can someone walk me through the steps on how to remove and replace the gateway module without breaking my car? Also, once the change is done, does it require PIWIS programming? or is it something that car will adapt, or something I can do with Durametric?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Dunno about replacement, but I would almost expect you would need to program the gateway to the VIN of the car at the very least.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:50 AM
SxDan
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilcorgi
So I've been having trouble communicating to many modules on my car with Durametric, and all the fault codes are pointing at CAN fault. I took it to the dealer to remedy it but they were unable to pinpoint the issue with PIWIS either. After a series of research, I'm lead to believe that the car has a bad gateway control module. I've been doing some searching, but all I found out is that the gateway module is located underneath the passenger instrument panel under the glove box, but I wasn't able to find how to actually replace them. It doesn't look like a hard job, but can someone walk me through the steps on how to remove and replace the gateway module without breaking my car? Also, once the change is done, does it require PIWIS programming? or is it something that car will adapt, or something I can do with Durametric?
Did you manage to do this in the end?
Old 06-30-2020, 12:39 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by evilcorgi
The module typically needs to be coded the car to capture the options, etc. This will need to be done via PIWIS at the dealer or a well-equipped indy.

Quick Reply: 957 CANBUS gateway module replacement.