Sponsored by:

My UK 2008 Cayenne GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
I second that! Priceless info. Big thanks.

Mine is stitting on the shelve waiting to be installed.
Any feedback thus far?
I did mine a few months ago, inspired by Mark’s posts.
Perfect so far.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Andy Barnes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne transfer box problem

I have a 2016 Cayenne GTS which has the common fault of feeling like your running over cats eyes, this is down to moisture getting in via the breather , there is and upgrade not a recall to have a cap fitted!!! I was told £1500 to repair, I’ve just changed the oil and it’s best it’s ever been as the clutch plates stick together due to the contaminated oil!!! For some reason it’s only Switzerland and the UK that has these issues.
CHANGE the OIL first
Old 03-09-2020, 02:01 PM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Great info on that flex pipe. Thanks!
I think I will go same same route. Great idea.
Saved a lot of hassle doing it this way, I really can't believe the difference it has made, it feels so smooth to drive now!

Originally Posted by GMKF
Wonderfull thread. Thank you for sharing.
I had thousands of headlight issues aswell. Got two new headlights, new headlight trays and new wiring....
Even new Headlights mist up on occasion... I havent found the problem,,.
Thanks!
Ahhh so annoying!!!! I have given up on them now, warmer weather is coming so I will forget about them until next winter, or a thorough wash!

Originally Posted by Rossi
Installed the Power-flex polyurethane insert on the upper engine damper arm on my GTS. Really great mod, thank you for the reference. Awesome kid, mad skills. Big fan of yours.
Thank you! Very kind. I'm glad you liked it, I only did it as it was a cheap and easy DIY, I didn't expect any noticeable difference but it really did improve the feel when pulling away.

The following users liked this post:
GMKF (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kudos

Very nice range of projects, well done. Your thread shamed me into cleaning up my wife’s Olive Green Metallic 09 GTS. They are nice to drive too. A lot less rattling around than a GT3.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:37 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by disasterman
Very nice range of projects, well done. Your thread shamed me into cleaning up my wife’s Olive Green Metallic 09 GTS. They are nice to drive too. A lot less rattling around than a GT3.
That's my favorite color! Mind posting a pic?
Old 03-18-2020, 02:14 PM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Originally Posted by disasterman
Well done, they take so many long to clean, I always forget how big they are!

I'll take the GT3 however
Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wife’s 62k garage queen

kalyan (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 08:08 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

That looks so good!! I'm sure I've seen an E46 M3 painted in a similar colour, that looked great too.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:49 AM
ulflun
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work! Where do I get hold of the Android-unit? Part number? Android version?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:35 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,147 Likes on 630 Posts

Love the artwork! We are a 987.2 + 991.1 house and feel similar felt with our cars. Although... with the transmission mounts, engine mounts and numeric shifter/cable I testify to zero slip in my shifter on the 987

Old 10-21-2020, 12:18 PM
cayenne20007
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool thread, have a 2007/8 4.8s and love it and had similar issues (purchased at 95k miles and currently at 112k miles, don't have the skills you have so have had to spend a fair bit of money for the upkeep

1) boot springs, replaced those myself
2) PDCC issues, mine leaked at the front and rear, ended up purchasing PDCC rear pump and ARB on eBay for £400 and had it fitted by someone else, took care of the system chassis error, indie had to spend £1k on upgrading his computer system to program PDCC, Porsche would not touch it!
3) have similar android system, not carplay but just android, works great, although GPS antenna is not very accurate but it is ok
4) i only had half a bucket of mud to remove from the side sills :-) and clear the drain plugs twice per year when i swap winter/summer tyres
5) did replace the driveshaft seal myself (used the same upgrade version, expensive but so easy to fit

Currently stuck with an EML light due to low voltage to a solenoid/valve which I could not solve and Indie also had some issues with so off to Porsche garage soon

had the coolant pipe replaced, and oil transmission pan and filters and some plugs, it all added up but it drives nicely know!

Old 10-22-2020, 11:35 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Thanks!

They're great cars for the money, I love mine. Haven't done anything to it since COVID hit, hasn't really required anything apart from a clean.

I can hear a small knock when the suspension is in softer settings, as I have replaced the top mounts, upper and lower wishbone, I plan to change out the track rod ends as they are original and I can sometimes hear a knock when i turn the wheel left and right when at a standstill.

Great list of jobs on yours however! What solenoid/valve is getting low voltage?
RDW (03-01-2024)
Old 10-22-2020, 01:07 PM
cayenne20007
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkGolf
Thanks!

They're great cars for the money, I love mine. Haven't done anything to it since COVID hit, hasn't really required anything apart from a clean.

I can hear a small knock when the suspension is in softer settings, as I have replaced the top mounts, upper and lower wishbone, I plan to change out the track rod ends as they are original and I can sometimes hear a knock when i turn the wheel left and right when at a standstill.

Great list of jobs on yours however! What solenoid/valve is getting low voltage?
I forgot to mention I also replaced the exact same bolts (and bracket) for the exhaust pipe :-) completely rotten away and it may one heck on a sound when you pulled away quickly as the exhaust pipe opened up because of the force. Did not have the same flexipipe issues

I am getting this error
P0458 evap emissions purge control valve circuit low, this unit sits just below the intake manifold and I think i crushed the cable when I put it back on

looks like this, I replaced the old one and also replaced the plastic/rubber elbows and pipes.

Whole system was smoke tested (no leaks) and valve works correctly but EML light is on, indy suggested more advanced porsche diagnostics tools may be able to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue.

MarkGolf (10-23-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 05:40 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

That is an annoying problem to chase since it looks like you have done the logical things! Hopefully an easy to find snag in a wire.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:39 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Been a while!

Not been up to much with this aside from cleaning it when required. Been spot on.

I thought, as I've changed the front wishbones, it's worth doing the track rod ends as they see a lot of action.

Upon removing the wheel, I noticed a nice bulge in the tyre, I was pretty pleased as this was finally the excuse I needed to get rid of these tyres and get some Michelin Lat 3's.

Old vs new rod end, straight forward job. Measured and marked it up to retain tracking settings.

They were in pretty good condition actually, I was surprised, still had some stiffness to them so I probably wasted my time.

However, upon driving, I noticed that the steering felt slightly lighter, whatever that means.

On to tyre day, tyres ordered in, only the fronts, the rears still have a ton of life but will get those swapped when worthwhile.

Nice improvement over the tyres which came with it, Davanti or something.. Again, improvement to steering and a smoother ride..

Needs a service now, not sure if I should just do it myself from now on or keep the book stamped and book it in..

Will be hitting 100k within the next week or 2 and certainly no plans to get rid of it.

Quick Reply: My UK 2008 Cayenne GTS