Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 02:29 AM
Colly
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Fault codes - System too Rich

Hi all,

2008 Cayenne, S 120km/75k miles.

It has been quite lumpy at startup lately, usually fine after a while but always the first few mins. I had the Coils done recently as the car was kind of 'skipping a beat' in the revs - so replaced all coils. Soon after it started getting lumpy at startup.

I used a very basic OBD2 scanner and Torque Pro to find the below fault codes. Could anyone shed some light on what this might be?

A quick google finds this: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-blake-griffin - just wondering if anyone has any specific Cayenne advice here? Is there anything I can try to clean first?

Also, while I'm here... Most days I get a loud beep with "Chasis System Faulty" error, I previously replaced two of the air shocks, but I'm still getting the error. However, no error codes on the OBD2 - and nothing from the garage on the last service either. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:05 AM
Larmo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had this problem and it was a cracked crankcase breather hose. The crack was in the T joint at the rear of the engine so not visible. Made it so the computer could not adjust the mixture and it ran rich both sides.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:54 AM
Colly
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thanks. OK good to know. I'm sure that could have been easily missed and you could be replacing many sensors to no avail. Was it an easy/cheap fix?
Old 11-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The P2181 Cooling System Performance code is usually related to a thermostat stuck in the open position. A sign of a failing thermostat is that the temperature needle rarely hits mid mark on the temperature gauge.

I had this code over the winter months and replaced the thermostat and water pump this spring.

Quick Reply: Help with Fault codes - System too Rich