Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What deferred maintenance/tasks/mods do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:42 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
Default What deferred maintenance/tasks/mods do you have?

So with the world being weird, what have you put off? I just did an oil and filter change, including cabin filter. Realizing I needed to probably do other fluids like the diffs, xfer case, transmission and so on, I still slowly put on all the bolts to the underbody trays and rolled out form underneath the vehicle. Also have a squeaky right front control arm (or the rubber puck on top of the air strut).

I also still have halogen license plate bulbs, and halogen floor lamps in the rear seats (upgraded to LEDs everywhere else) and am missing two of the underhood trim plastic screws.

Last edited by Libast; 09-24-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 221 Posts

Gotta put in my oil catch can.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:33 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

There is nothing urgent on my list, but I've been accumulating parts for a bunch of projects, time allowing. I'm ready to do all the fluids again:transmission, difs,,transfer case, and I need a new thermostat again, so I will replace the housing and pump at the same time. It's also time to refresh the suspension with new LCAs and bushing all around. I can't wait to find a couple of days to have at it all!
Old 09-24-2020, 11:16 AM
Malibu955
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Oil change, new tires, front clear side markers, HomeLink retrofit. All parts are waiting back in the states. Car isn't being driven right now so nothing is really being "put off", just waiting for my return, whenever that will be...
Old 09-25-2020, 12:17 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 3,953 Posts

Need to clean up the edge of a front wheel I brushed against a curb, want to do a transmission oil change (only at 43k miles, so going to do the easy way - measure what drains out and put that amount back in) - I already did the differentials and transfer case at 40k, need to drop the driver's side intercooler to see how much oil is accumulated, and it needs a serious wash. Still working on putting the 997 back together though so the Cayenne stuff will continue to get deferred for a bit longer.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:59 PM
Pillow
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Four hanging out there on mine:
1. Install 2nd cat delete
2. Install door hinge alignment spacers
3. Fresh Trans/diff fluids.
4. Secondary key made and programmed.

... And find a vacuum leak that keeps the CEL on. I need to smoke it as I've replaced the usual suspects.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:21 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Time to do spark plugs, has been 4 years but only 20K miles ish. Having analysis paralysis over replacing coils or not. I don't know if they have ever been changed, no record of being replaced. I don't want to replace working parts but I don't want to do the job twice if I get in there and find cracks. The car does not feel any different than when I bought it two years ago, so if I have symptoms they would have been there since I bought it. Seems to run fine.

Quick Reply: What deferred maintenance/tasks/mods do you have?