Porsche badge on bumpercover

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 12:59 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts
Default Porsche badge on bumpercover

Greetings all, and Happy Holidays.

The Porsche badge for our Cayenne’s, appears similar to other Pcar applications...in that it has two studs for the quick nuts. Does our badges actually use those nuts, or just the adhesive on the back of the badge for attachment?

And if it does indeed have those speed nuts, can they be accessed in any way that doesn’t involve removing the bumper cover?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2020, 05:28 PM
Rossi
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I replaced mine as it was pealing. The only way to replace: is to remove the bumper unfortunately as it needs to be secured from underneath. I guess you could just glue it on with a double sided tape if you succeed removing it.

My 957 GTS P/N: 95555960002

Last edited by Rossi; 12-25-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:40 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The front crest on the Cayenne does not use the same speed nuts as with other P-cars. Rather it is affixed to a plastic carrier using 2-sided tape which then snaps into a plastic receptacle that's slid onto the bumper cover via molded angular tabs.

By removing the black screws holding the top leading edge of the bumper cover under the lip of the hood, you can gently pry open the bumper cover enough so that one hand can get in there to release the carrier from the receptacle. You'll have to squeeze the mounting tabs to release the carrier.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andy E.
The front crest on the Cayenne does not use the same speed nuts as with other P-cars. Rather it is affixed to a plastic carrier using 2-sided tape which then snaps into a plastic receptacle that's slid onto the bumper cover via molded angular tabs.

By removing the black screws holding the top leading edge of the bumper cover under the lip of the hood, you can gently pry open the bumper cover enough so that one hand can get in there to release the carrier from the receptacle. You'll have to squeeze the mounting tabs to release the carrier.
I have seen the black badge holder, with those tabs you mention. I did make an initial attempt to access the badge by removing the trim under the hood...after removing the screws, that metal piece didn’t want to move. Maybe a you tube search is in order...thanks
Old 01-03-2021, 10:10 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Here's what the receptacle looks like mounted on the bumper cover. It mounts with the angular tabs from behind.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Here's what the crest mounted to the carrier looks like. There are three locking tabs that are held closed with small molded springs. All three should be depressed simultaneously for removal.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

I would think with some carefully applied aggression...the adhesive could be released, crest to holder. Especially with 10+ year old once sticky tape.

thanks
Old 01-04-2021, 09:17 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I would think with some carefully applied aggression...the adhesive could be released, crest to holder. Especially with 10+ year old once sticky tape.

thanks
I agree but in my case, it held pretty well. I find this part ridiculously over-engineered as the typical speed nuts used on older P-cars mounted directly onto the bumper cover would have suited the application just as well.

Quick Reply: Porsche badge on bumpercover