Sponsored by:

new puppy need 957 seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 07:32 PM
Burnt McGurnt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new puppy need 957 seat covers

Does anyone have front or back seat covers for their Cayenne that you're happy with? Got a new pup and she isn't so compatible with the alcanterra.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:25 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22s...om%2Fforums%2F
Old 01-15-2021, 05:00 AM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

We got a $50 one for the back seat. Straps to the front headrests, drops all the way to the floor (blocking rear AC outlets, if that's an issue for you), crosses the narrow floor, comes up the front of the seat, over the bottom cushion, up the back cushion, and straps-on to the rear seat headrests. Also has a long adjustable strap to wrap around the seatback for extra holding power. The part going down the backs of the front seats has a velcro flap on a pouch to hold poop bags or ***** or whatever. There are velcro'd slots that allow seatbelt buckles to come through the seat cover. And it is double-thick material with fill in the middle and quilt-like cross stitching. It even has flaps that flop-down on the outboard edges of the back seat for even more protection of the seat. There is rubbery grippy stuff on the part that rests on the back seat bottom cushions so it doesn't slide around. We got it in tan (there are other colors) and it is close enough to the interior tan color that it disappears pretty well when you are using it. It has only 1 thing we don't like... the surface the dogs walk and lay on is fairly slippery for dogs 25 pounds or less. As the dog gets heavier, their tendency to slip on the material drops quickly. We wish the "dog surface" was sort of a rubber-y non-slip surface but still easy to clean if there's an oops. But it's a surprisingly useful for the cost as it is. The surface the dogs use is the sort of medium "tex" weave you see on better backpacks and on textile motorcycle jackets and some outdoor gear that has to stand up to abuse on snowmobiles and such. I don't see the one we got for sale on Amazon now, but there are SO MANY MORE CHOICES for shapes, and sizes and ideas for how to use them with the back seat up or stowed. And they aren't expensive. Just remember, if you're dog as been in the sand, dirt, snow, or lake... if you get a fitted seat cover, the floor will still get messy. Now there are 2 kinds of full-coverage designs... one like we got that drops all the way to the floor, and another type that blocks that floor area so the dog can't fall onto the floor if you have to brake hard for any reason. I think I might try that type if we replace the one we have now. Weathertech also has some sort of seat cover for pets also, but I don't recall looking at those during my search.

Last edited by ScootCherHienie; 01-15-2021 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:12 AM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon Amazon
I have these for the front, and they make a rear seat cover that works well. Waterproof and machine washable.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:50 PM
Burnt McGurnt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the pointers. I'm ordering a waterproof hammock style from Amazon.

Quick Reply: new puppy need 957 seat covers