Sponsored by:

Cayenne TS 06 manual gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 01:01 PM
CayenneTSM
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cayenne TS 06 manual gearbox

I just want you to present my very well speced Cayenne Turbo S with a little modification. I removed the aisin gearbox and put an manual six speed from ZF in it, came in the Cayenne S and Cayenne GTS.
Also in Touareg and normal Cayenne with different Bellhousing, will not fit the V8 Engine. Flywheel on the V8 is very special. Clutch is same in 2.5tdi touareg.

I found nobody who tried this swap, I just got a Cayenne S parts car for the swap, at the same time I swapped for Black interior and GTS seats.
very sad this car never came like this from factory.

The following 5 users liked this post by CayenneTSM:
01010011 (01-21-2024), 19psi (01-21-2024), max911 (01-21-2024), Rossi (01-21-2024), SuperG$ (01-22-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 07:37 PM
Rossi
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Fascinating indeed, I am rooting for you. It’s all sorted? No ECU problems, coding needed? Any details?
Old 01-22-2024, 12:25 AM
CayenneTSM
AutoX

Originally Posted by Rossi
Fascinating indeed, I am rooting for you. It’s all sorted? No ECU problems, coding needed? Any details?
So car needs some wiring work also some coding and ECU software.
dash needs to be removed completley for cuting the hole and swaping the pedal bracket, its not like an audi where you just bolt it up und delete an plug for the cylinder.

Im not 100% done with it, it drives fine with his full Power and all, 2 thinks I need to sort out, reverse lights and transfer case Functions.
If somebody has input feel free to help me.
Online there is Zero input to this, even to the touareg, it is all learning by doing.
All lights on dash off and Even the engine ecu is happy, then you Do something with the engine Software.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:08 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 221 Posts

Do you have the Webasto engine pre heater?
Old 01-22-2024, 08:57 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,190 Likes on 3,947 Posts

That's awesome!

Started my Cayenne search for a GTS to get the manual trans then drove a Turbo S and didn't give the GTS another thought - you e created the perfect Cayenne. Will be interested to see how the clutch setup that only came in a max 400 HP GTS holds up to a 40% power increase.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:25 PM
CayenneTSM
AutoX

Originally Posted by jeff spahn
Do you have the Webasto engine pre heater?
Yes my Cayenne has the webasto pre Heater.

Time will Tell how long the clutch will last, it drives fine, only the transfer case chain is gone on full throttle, it Slips.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:57 PM
tmaxx445
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is awesome dude! What did you end up doing with the DME? Any faults left?

Is the transfer case module not happy electrically or is there something wrong mechanically with it? Is it the original from the MT or did you swap over the OG AT case?
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM
CayenneTSM
AutoX

Originally Posted by tmaxx445
That is awesome dude! What did you end up doing with the DME? Any faults left?

Is the transfer case module not happy electrically or is there something wrong mechanically with it? Is it the original from the MT or did you swap over the OG AT case?
DME is nearly Stock, with tcu plugged in I have zero faults, but with it plugged in there is no Power.
Psm light is on without tcu.

Stock Transfer case Module is fine, I personally think it has something to do with the dme not knowing it is a manual. It pops up a put it in neutral message in the speedo. Maybe my neutral switch on the gearbox is broken I dont know.

I use the Cayenne S transfer case, it is the same.
Differentials are also the same ratio on Cayenne S manual and Turbo.
6Gear manual gearbox is like 5gear from automatic, it is a lot shorter. If someone wants longer gearing you can use other ratios on the diffs or swap the gearbox for an diesel touareg one, but you need the V8 bellhousing.

Best way is finding a good tuner for the me7.1.1 and getting it tuned, the car drives fine and has good Power, but it is completly missing the clutch switch logic in the DME.

Quick Reply: Cayenne TS 06 manual gearbox