Sponsored by:

keyfob range got much better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyfob range got much better?

So, over the weekend I was getting in my car to head home and noticed the remote didn't work. Kept trying, the light on the remote kept flashing when I pressed the button, but no dice (and yes, I did feel like a loser trying to unlock my car with the remote while standing right next to it). Anyway, I actually have to use my key to unlock the car (gasp!). I get home, get out of the car, and try the remote again. After a few tries, I hold it up right next to the rear spoiler. The lights flash and it the horn goes off. And not only does it now work again, but the distance seems to be much farther. I used to get the ~15 feet of range, but it is now working from 50 feet away.

One of my keyfobs hasn't worked since the first month of owning the car (same thing happened with my 996 C4), but at least one of them is working like it's supposed to.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:58 PM
DMD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the typical 15 feet if I'm lucky. How do I get 50 feet out of my worthless and OVERSIZED keyfob???
Old 03-22-2005, 01:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Throw it at the car in an attempt to get it to open the doors

Seriously, your dealer should supply you with the newer design keyfobs, which are good anywhere from 10 to 100'.....your individual results may vary.

My new keyfobs are good to about 15'-20' with reliable operation; which is much better than the originals.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:36 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With my new keyfobs I get 15'-20' (if I'm behind the car). If I'm in front I need to be 5' away at most. Strange problems....

Quick Reply: keyfob range got much better?