Sponsored by:

Looking to buy new 06 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
carmelo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy new 06 Cayenne S

I will be visiting the Porsche Dealership this Saturday to potentially buy a new 06 Cayenne S. Is there anything you guys suggest? Are these cars fairly reliable? I am hoping to make a deal at about 65K, ofcourse this depends on add-ons. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Carmelo
911 C4 Convertible
Old 03-29-2006, 10:13 PM
carmelo
Advanced

I not a rookie, so I should know better. I will first do a search and then ask. So reply only if you wish.

Thanks,
Carmelo
90 911 C4 Conv.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
charlieXS
Pro

hello,
the air suspension is nice, xenons of course... pcm, a nice wood or cf package... don't bother with expensive add on wheels if you want aftermarket wheels. Reliability seems ok under warranty period. Although some here think it's a bit shakey.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
carmelo
Advanced

CharlieXS,

Here is what I think I want so far: 1) air suspension (PASM), 2) xenons OK, 3) 19" wheels?, 4) 6 CD changer, and 5) power seats. Do you recommend the PCM for audio? What is Porsche Communications Management? Do you recommend additional warranty?

Thanks,
Carmelo
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Carmelo,
I'm no expert, I've only had my CV6 for 3 months and it is far less optioned than your CS. But the AIR seems like a BIG plus from the guys here, the comfort setting sounds great for cruising especially if you go to big aftermarket wheels/tires. The Xenons look nice, the 19" wheels are a good compromise between ride quality and performance. A CD changer would be nice for SURE! And the power seats with memory, etc would be a nice option, as I spend 10 minutes tweaking and adjusting after my wife drives... The PCM is cool for the NAV but I guess it's not a super necessity.
OH! But the aluminum roof rails look REALLY nice. What color were you thinking?

For 65K I'd do:
PASM - Air suspension
PC3 - Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ Washers
PF1 - PCM 2.1
3S7 - Roof Rails Aluminum Look
7A2 - 6 Disc CD Changer
1NP - Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
PG1 - Driver Seat Memory
342H - Front Seat Heater
C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
CJ6 - 18" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
0TD - Front and Rear Floor Mats
H9M - All-Season Tires on 18" Rims
1N3 - Variable Assist Power Steering
PPB - Preferred Package Plus
3FE - Moonroof

Try calling Glen @ AutoGallery, WHills.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:20 AM
carmelo
Advanced

CharlieXS,

I am looking into a Metallic Black exterior with black interior. The car is for my wife's daily use (so she picks the color) but I will drive the rest of the time, ofcourse. I own a used 90 C4 Convertible and don't even drive it much. This will be a family car as funny as that sounds. I always love Porsches minus the cost$$$$.

Thanks,
Carmelo
Old 03-30-2006, 12:34 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carmelo
I not a rookie, so I should know better. I will first do a search and then ask. So reply only if you wish. Thanks, Carmelo 90 911 C4 Conv.
There is lots of good info. '06 Cayennes have gotten all the "glitches" fixed because of all of us '03/'04 alpha/beta testers. It is a remarkable machine. I think that I was one of the first to call it "das Beast". It isn't ugly.. but neither is it pretty as a typical "jelly bean" SUV... but the sports feel and the raw power of the S and Turbos is pretty amazing. Just today I was on a two lane high speed interchange from one interstate to another and a Mercedes 500 sedan was on the inside lane.. I easily moved up on the outside lane and while still in the curve he punched it.. I just grinned because this thing really can hold a high speed curve and accellerate.. He faded in my rear view and then later came up on my inside on the 4 lane interstate and gave me a big thumbs up.. I think he had no idea that this thing is FAST. You will ENJOY it.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:31 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Carmelo, call Carlsen Porsche theyre dealing $1500 over invoice... 61,500 for a 70K CS...no kidding..
Call Gary Quibelan Are you in the bay area?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately get the air suspension. I had my CS in for an oil change yesterday and had a V6 steel spring Cayenne on 17 wheels/tires. My CS with the air and riding on 20's rode MUCH better than the steel springs and 17's. I simply wouldn't own the car without the air suspension. I do not have the nav system. I can read a map and much prefer the two simple ***** on my radio. You do not gain any audio features with the nav sceeen, in fact it makes radio operation more difficult IMO.

My '04 has been dead reliable. At regualr service intervals I had the rear window switch replaced and an airbag fault repaired. Otherwise just oil changes and the 20k service so far. I am at 32k now and just love this car. Actually it is my wifes but I end up road tripping in it sometimes.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I have an '06 CS and I love it. Has about 11,000 miles in 5 months. No problems to speak of. Only minor annoyance is that the Cat Conv pump, which is located near the gas tank, is very noisey (clicking) and they won't replace it. (Not noisey enough).

CS is the perfect combo of sports can and truck. Great in the snow this winter and remakable on dry pavement, especially for its size.

If you are willing to spend $65K you can load it up with lots of good stuff because, based on discounts currently being given at around 9-10% off sticker.

Options that I am happy I got include: full leather (best option), CPM, sirius sat radio, moon roof, heated seats AND steering wheel, turbo wheels, metallic paint, winter mats, xenons. Some popular options I decided not to get because they seemed like a waste of $$ for what you get include: light comfort package, seat memory.

I considered getting the panoramic roof, and I wish I did. I did not get the PASM, but the slightly harsh ride gives the car more of a sport feel, which I like.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:49 PM
356driver
Racer

Carmelo, if you are going to do 100% street driving then the 19 or 20 inch wheels look nice. 18 inch wheels give you many more tire options, so this should be a consideration if you plan to go to the snow. You should not try to drive on street tires in the snow.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:51 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
hello,
the air suspension is nice, xenons of course... pcm, a nice wood or cf package... don't bother with expensive add on wheels if you want aftermarket wheels. Reliability seems ok under warranty period. Although some here think it's a bit shakey.
And Navagation, Bose and TPMS and you would have a pretty nice setup. Tow package if you think you will EVER need it

At least get the 18" Turbo rims and Nav should be standard... ;-)

Becuase the vehicle is so wide - I went and LOVE the parking assist.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
TOROTORO
5th Gear

Parking Assist, Xenons, Dark Wood trim - I got the NAV but could probably live without it - I don't have (nor ever did I have) the air suspension, so I don't miss it - Personally I don't like teh way it looks without some kind of roof rack - 18" Turbo Rims, at a minimum - the car is awesome - sold my 993 b/c I was having more fun in this!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:18 PM
carmelo
Advanced

Thanks for all the replys. You guys are great.

First, Alex911, YES! I am in the Bay Area. I just left a message for Gary. I hope you are right!

Second, I have checked with two dealers so far and the best offer so far is $66K from $72,595 MSRP. It has 19" wheels, soft look pleated leather, xenon lights, confort seat with memory (I think this is steering column memory) Nav, floor mats, PASM, Parking Assist steering (not sure what this is) moon roof, sun screen, heated seats, park assist (again not sure what this is), auto headlights (or something to that effect). Add $1450 for Add on CD changer (which seems too high, not sure why).

Anyway, I was not looking for all these options but there is currently one available in the right color and interior. My favorite features or must haves are: 6 CD changer, PASM, xenon lights, 19" wheels, floor mats. Besides that the others are OK I guess.

What do you guys think? Good price? Since I am new, I assume CS means Cayenne S?

Thanks,
Carmelo
90 Carrera C4 Conv.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:24 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Dont worry he's the manager and I'm right..haha
I just called to tell him no more haggling for Carmelo, lol
I'm sure he'll take care of you, so when are you picking up your car

Quick Reply: Looking to buy new 06 Cayenne S