Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Cayenne seats notoriously uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 01:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
No... No... it is a pain in HIS ***.
I know for sure it's no longer a pain in my ***.

I think charlieXS is just looking for a way out of Cayenne ownership. It starts with a pain in your ***, develops into migraine headaches, sleeplessness, etc.....

There is a cure.....and I'm living proof.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:13 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
So in other words, the Cayenne is a pain in the ***...
It should have been obvious by now that my preference in mammal references strays from donkeys towards pachyderms.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:50 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys sit sown LOW bathtub style or crank the seat UP ala MINIVAN?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:54 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low. Old lady style. So that only the top of my had and hands on the wheel are visible :-D
Old 04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Low. Old lady style. So that only the top of my had and hands on the wheel are visible :-D
lol...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
+1

I do a lot of interstate driving and experience no discomfort. Can't comment on MB. Never owned one, never will. BMW, however, is a different, passionate story :-D
+1 on BMWs...

I have the comfort seats with lumbar adjustment on the Cay...for a truck, these seats are nothing short of awesome...IMHO

Oh, and Charlie--never, EVER, buy another vehicle you will share with wifey that does not have memory seats--lack of this feature pisses both of you off, which is, of course, your fault! I learned my lesson the hard way. The only car without memory iseats in our garage is the track car.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:06 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
Yeah, both my wife AND I feel discomfort after about 2 hours of driving. I feel it in my feet and legs and she says her leg/*** gets numb...
We drove to Costa Mesa from Ventura County on Sunday and are now dreading long roadtrips... I notice even in the passenger seat I'm uncomfortable, seems like my legs are deflected slightly to the right by the center tunnel.
Are the sport seats better?
Almost feels like the floor is too HIGH?

And NO I don't have memory seats... so once I lose a good position when wifey drives I'm back to square 1.

Hmmmm... maybe that CLS55 I've been eyeing might make me happy. Maybe a lease...
I have the memory seats and they are very comfortable in my opinion. My wife prefers my seats in the Cayenne over her's in her Mercedes, so maybe you should think again about the Merc.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chriz
Must have been a short stay in your garage. The new MB S600 is available since two month over here. But agree its a personal thing. If i would weigh 100 lbs more i sure would find any 911 seat uncomfortable.
PREVIOUSLY owned, as in a 2001 model. I wouldn't even consider the new one with a column shifter and i-drive copy cat **** on the console.

I second the comment about NEVER buying a vehicle without the memory seat function if you have to share it with your spouse.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
charlieXS
Pro

I spent some time messing with it and have noticed that if I LOWER the seat closer to the floor it relaxes the angle on my foot/shin. At first it's a bit strange not being able to see the right fender... but I'm getting used to it. Still not sure about lumbar adj... I don't really feel a difference with it extended or not. And I'm leaving the angle of the seat front under the knees just slightly up-tilted, maybe 5 degrees.
Someone go sit in the passenger side, it seems your legs go to the right because of the tunnel.
Now I don't think it's the seat... it's the pedals. They need to be adjustable.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Chriz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least once a year i drive from Germany to Spain by car. Its a 900mile ride and takes between 12 and 14 hours depending on traffic, speed limits, fuel stops and so on. I did that with many cars and for me the cayenne seats are not very comfortable.

Even the seats of my 993 S4 (i miss you babe ) felt more comfortable. The by far worst were the seats of a lambo countach ive owned. But i guess the car was made for small italians and not for 6 foot something north europeans.

My wife, who always has problems with her back, noticed it the first day i had the Cayenne. However if you like the Volkswagen seats in your pepper its fine with me.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Zin
Instructor

Subjective. I am 6-3 and find the seats to be very comfortable on long trips. 6+ hours and no problems.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Originally Posted by charlieXS
my main complaint is that my throttle foot feels bent the wrong way. It feels like my toes are bent towards my knee. I guess I could try raising the seats height and moving the seat BACK, but I'm only 5'11" and don't know why the seat needs to be so far back.
I wonder if the bolster under the knees is a contributor? If the seats too low, I can't see my front fender and I feel like I'm in a bath tub, when it's to high... I feel like Im in a minivan.

Hey PORSCHE... adjustable pedals!
Charlie, I've had an epiphany, YOU'RE DRIVING TOO SLOW!

"It feels like my toes are bent towards my knee."

Hmmmm ... try this: move your toes away from your knee!!! Your feet will be more comfortable plus, it'll take less time to arrive at your destination!

Quick Reply: Are Cayenne seats notoriously uncomfortable?